We stayed for a long 4th of July weekend with family at the Nonantum Resort. The reason we chose this resort was because of the many kids' activities it advertised, and I have to say that although the older building of the resort had some issues (employee-only-operated elevator, broken Wifi connection, no refrigerators in the rooms, furniture needs to be modernized), the kids' activities were wonderful. Each day, even the weekend days and the holiday itself, there were planned and staff-supervised activities. Anything from story time at breakfast with Henry the Harbor Seal (also a photo op and opportunity for the kids to make a picture frame), to the morning craft corner, to the Wednesday morning kids' camp. This camp allowed parents to drop off the kids to the trained staff members, where the kids made crafts, learned about marine animals, had a short walk to the beach for shell hunting, went crabbing off the docks, had a snack, and were given a Henry the Harbor Seal t-shirt. There was also an ice cream-making party for the kids so they could be supervised during a social for the grown ups. A not about Henry the Harbor seal...my kids are generally afraid of costumed characters and run from them...but they absolutely loved Henry and asked to seem him the whole trip.
The Nonantum also has very friendly staff who are knowledgeable of the area, wonderful free breakfast buffets everyday, and beautiful grounds. I just wish they would modernize the original building...the smaller but newer building is much nicer, more comfortable, and has all the amenities you would expect from a hotel; whereas the original building has more of a B&B feel. Also, the advertised "free wifi" was not working and they couldn't get it fixed while we were there, and the computers for guest use in the new building had very slow connections. But for the kids' activities, we will absolutely return to this resort...we'll just stay in the new building next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Maine waterfront resort where traditions begin. The Nonantum has been welcoming guests with genuine hospitality since 1883. Enjoy historic charm with just the right modern comforts. Located on the Kennebunk River, along scenic Ocean Avenue, close to the shops and galleries in Dock Square, near Walker's Point and the beaches. Offering casually elegant accommodations, award-winning dining, family activities, and a gorgeous setting for special events. Seasonal outdoor heated pool, kayak rentals, trolley tours, scenic lobster boat tours, sailing tour and fishing charters departing right from the resort's on-site marina. Free WiFi, free parking, and free breakfast when you book directly with the resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Nonantum Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nonantum Resort Kennebunkport, Maine
- Nonantum Hotel Kennebunkport