“Great accomodations, service and dining!!”
Review of Nonantum Resort

Nonantum Resort
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Kennebunkport
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Visited the Resort for a two day conference. Beautiful well kept property. Staff very friendly and helpful. Meeting space was very comfortable. Dining experience was excellent. Would love to come back for R&R.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,799)

Reviewed June 16, 2011

Just stayed 2 nights at the Nonantum Resort and we were very happy with the whole experience. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The grounds are immaculate and beautifully landscaped. Our trip included the buffet breakfast which was served in the ballroom. It was way beyond what I had expected. Try their cornbread muffins topped with maple syrup...to die for. Our room was clean and had a balcony overlooking the grounds, pool and Kennebunk river. We rented bicycles from the hotel ($17) ...a great way to see the town. Be sure to take a walk or bike ride around the Franciscans Monastery en route to Kennebunk beach. In "downtown" Kennebunkport there is a general store called HB Provisions. They have everything from soup to nuts along with great sandwiches, coffee, wine, etc. My wife and I took the 90 minute Lobster Boat tour aboard the "Ragusa" from the dock at the hotel. The tour was informative and a great way to see the sights, including President Bush's summer residence at Walker Point. We pulled up 4-5 lobster traps and actually found 4 lobsters in the traps.
All in all it was a great experience at the Nonantum Resort and we will be back.

Reviewed June 15, 2011

My husband had a quick business trip to southern Maine so we made a two night getaway out of it. We chose a room in the inn with a view of the water. We were on the third floor. I must tell you they have an antique but quite functional small elevator in this building. You must get a bell boy to "drive" it and that seems different at first. However they are always ready to take you up or pick you up so it is sort of unique in that respect. Every single member of the staff was super nice, polite and helpful so it is a very friendly place to stay and as such a "feel good" place as well. The room was not that large (as it is an old building) however very clean.The king bed was very comfortable. My one complaint was that there was no reading light on my side of the bed. Since space was limited I suggested at least a floor lamp there which was well received from the front desk. (I told my husband if we went back to the room and found a floor lamp there I would be very impressed. This did not happen though.) They serve coffee in the lobby (even had some ready for my husband when he left on morning at 4:30!! ) They served cold lemonade and lemon iced water in the afternoons. The lobby is not large but very comfortable for sitting. There is a big porch with rockers. We enjoyed sitting down by the water and watching the boats go by. Very peaceful and picuturesque! Several people told me how nice the lobster boat tripis (on the property ) as welll as the sailboat however time did not permit that this time. Next time for sure! The breakfast room is sunny and has a great view of the water. I would say the breakfast buffet included in room rate is excellent --great variety and bountiful The service staffare also helpful friendly and aim to please! We paid the rack rate for our stay but they do offer very good internet specials in the spring and falI do believe. However the rack rates are quite fair in comparison to other comparable spots in the area. Would we return? Quite definately! However next timeI would like to try a room in the newer building with a water view and terrace. This was a great find for us and we have fond memories even with such a short stay!! w Hello .We were on the third floor. I must tell you they have an antique but quite functional small elevator in this building. You must get a bell boy to "drive" it and that seems different at first. Hwsever they are always ready to take you up or pick you up so it is sort of unique in that respect.

Room Tip: Newer building with a terrace and waterview!!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Helsbabe
Reviewed June 13, 2011

My wife and I stayed here on June 8 and were very satisfied in every respect. Our accommodations were very clean and presented just as advertised.
The friendliness of staff was an important factor in our very favorable experience. Their helpfulness and courtesy will be long remembered.
The complimentary breakfast was delicious and offered in a very pleasant setting. We especially liked the scones to the point of asking our server for the recipe. We not only were given this information, but Evan the chef, came and offered specific instructions on how to prepare these treats.
We highly recommend this resort!

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Booked Nonantum based on the TA reviews and unfortunately, it was a bomb. Check in was just an average experience and when we went back to the front desk to request a different room ( ours smelled like dirty, sweaty socks) the front desk manager was clearly annoyed. All the other rooms they showed us in the "new" Portside building smelled worse than ours so we stayed put.

Breakfast buffet was extensive and the servers ( mostly young adults) aimed to please but the place felt a bit like a factory. Crowded, noisy and impersonal, the Nonantum will not be on our go-to list when in Kennebunkport.

Hope this review helps another family make other plans.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Irene123
jeangm11, Owner at Nonantum Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2011

Thank you very much for taking time to post your review. While I can't say I concur with your thoughts, I do take your remarks very seriously and as I toured rooms today I tried to detect the odor you spoke of. I was unable to notice anything amiss, but I will certainly ask our housekeepers to be aware of this issue.
Thank you again for taking time to share your observations.
Jean Ginn Marvin

Reviewed June 11, 2011

We have been staying at the Nonantum Resort for a couple of days every year around our Anniversary, and this year we reserved a waterfront room in the Portside Building next door - second floor, with a terrace. Everything was perfect - couldn't ask for anything better. The staff is always helpful, courteous, and friendly - we always appreciate that! The breakfast buffet we had on Sunday morning was absolutely delicious, with so many selections - too numerous to mention. We made time to drive to Goose Rocks Beach, our favorite spot, where we rented a beach house there for many years when the children were little ones. All in all, Nonantum made our trip a happy one, as usual. Thank You.

Room Tip: Portside waterfront room, 2nd floor, terrace.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2011

This was my first time in Kennebunk and I could not have found a better place to stay. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The room as quaint and the bed was by far the most comfortable bed I have slept in while traveling. The room came with a wonderful gas fireplace which was a great touch to the country style room.

Even though there was the food and wine festival taking place as well as a wedding; the stay was still quiet with no disruptions. In the morning they provided a wonderful breakfast with a piano player there to entertain while you were eating.

There is really nothing I can say badly about Nonantum Resort other than wishing I could have stayed longer. I highly recommend this resort to anyone, even those that are local and want a getaway.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennebunkport
Kennebunkport Inn
Grace White Barn Inn and Spa
The Breakwater Inn and Spa
The Breakwater Inn and Spa
#14 of 25 in Kennebunkport

Been to Nonantum Resort? Share your experiences!