“Baby-moon Surprise”

Nonantum Resort
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Kennebunkport
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 9, 2011

Me and my husband stayed at The Nonantum Resort for the first time. It was a treat stay. The room was quite spacious, had microwave, mini-fridge, coffee maker, WiFi, modern bath, TV (cable). It was very clean, quiet, & had a comfy bed which added to my leisure after a 3 hour spa session at Cottage Breeze Day Spa. Staying on the same street as the Bush family summer home made it more exciting. Our room had access to the docked ships giving it a very traditional look and the waterfront view was very serene.Since we visited on Easter Day we experienced the hospitality of the staff at the Easter brunch event. Food was awesome, though I am a vegetarian.Most of the beaches and hotels were easily accessible from the resort.I really thank my husband for this wonderful surprise and looking forward to many more of such surprises....

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,804)

Reviewed June 9, 2011

I stayed at the Nonantum for the 2011 NARHA Region 1 Conference in April - I loved everything about the resort! The food was fantastic, staff friendly and helpful, and my room was just beautiful! I definitely plan on returning to the Nonantum with my husband for a vacation!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 8, 2011

While this first visit to the Nonantum was for business purposes, I will definitely be back with friends and family! My waterview room was so pleasantly decorated (with much eco-friendly effort) and was absolutely immaculate.....made it hard to leave for meetings! Attention to detail and very friendly staff are the norm here. We learned that many staff members have been there for years, which explains why service is so caring and consistent. Also, says alot about the owners/managers! We enjoyed a group wine dinner on the veranda which was enhanced not only by the waterview, but also by a delightful live band that played at the ideal volume to allow for conversation while still enjoying the music. The quality of the multi-course meal was outstanding; perfectly paired with amazing Merriam Vineyards wines. Even the floral centerpieces and meal garnishes are worthy of praise! Our meeting ended the following day with a very nice deli buffet luncheon, which some of us lingered over until everyone else was gone. We just didn't want to leave!

1  Thank HospitalityisNoble
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Take your morning run or walk down ocean drive past Walker point, a great way to start the day!

Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Had a business trip and never get to relax at home. Had a room with a view and a comfortable bed so minimal sleep and felt completely rested which gave me a chance to have early (5:30am coffee) on the patio outside my room overlooking the water and lobster boats. It took the daily stress down all ten notches. Will definitely go back again. Staff could never ask enough - good morning and do you need anything.....talked with the gardener also-seeing I am a Master gardener. Their rainy spring has left them with a lot to do but I was amazed at what they accommplished the short time I was there.
Besides atmospher the the FOOD was outstanding!!!!! All around excellent experience!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a private patio, great
1  Thank NancieK
Reviewed June 8, 2011

The Nonantum Resort is one of those special places that is just magical in every way. I went there for a business trip; However, since it was scheduled on my 3rd Wedding Anniversary my husband came along as well. He was very happy he did and loved the Resort as much as I did.

My Experience:

We drove up to the beautiful Nonantum Resort with the easy directions printed from their website. The staff was very friendly and directed us to or waterfront suite overlooking the
harbor. The room was absolutely beautiful, loved the the green and blue paisley comforter and the view overlooking the harbor was breathtaking.

By our bedside was a vase of 14 stunning pink roses as a gift for our anniversary. What a wonderful and kind gesture by Jean and the Nonantum Staff. It was a beautiful day so my husband and I took a short stroll to the mainstreet with some of the best shops and galleries I've seen in New England.

Later that evening we took a beautiful scenic boat ride that left rigt from the Nonantum's dock and was entertained with a beautiful view of the harbor, champagne, cheese and crackers. When you thought the night couldn't get any better, we were blown away by the talented culinary staffs amazing dinner. I can honestly say it was one of the best meals I have ever enjoyed.

When we retired to our room, I realized how comfortable the bed was. The pillows were like sleeping on small clouds. I slept so well and woke up bright and early for an optional early morning walk. So glad I did; the scenic walk up the coast was amazing.

After the walk I enjoyed a great buffet breakfast overlooking the harbor before attending my meetings. My husband explored Kennebunkport and thought the area was really pretty. I didn't have time but there is a very nice pool at the resort or you can rent kayaks and bikes right from the front desk.

The Nonatum is a special place and I would recommend it to anyone who wants a wonderful getaway with lots to do and see in the area.

Reviewed June 5, 2011

this is a beautiful riverfront resort in walking distance to the town of kennebunkport, whimsically decorated, with fountains, beautiful grounds, and comfortably appointed rooms.We stayed in the annex, the newer sections, and the rooms overlooked the river, dotted with lobster boats, many of the rooms had beautiful porches and balconies with comfortable chairs, the kings beds had sheets with high thread count and the comforters were clean and fresh. The air conditioner was very effective, but there was a breeze right off the river, and not really needed. Flat screen tv's were in the rooms, and most were gorgeously decorated,nice furnishings, had a wood burning stove, fridge, coffee maker and beautiful views. Free coffee was everywhere, in the room and on each floor. The pool was nice, small, but very clean and heated. We had brunch in the main dining room and the Chef was EXCELLENT! She was highly skilled, professionally trained and charming to boot.She made amazing omelettes and puffed up muffins..the Food was excellent. The entire resort was a delight to the senses, the grounds beautiful, the old fashioned porches and arbors, the rocking chairs, the flowers and plantings, the ocean air. I would say this is a perfect Inn to hold a getaway weekend at, a party or wedding. Perfect setting. I did not want to leave.

Room Tip: book at the annex and request a balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Tara508
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennebunkport
Colony Hotel
Grace White Barn Inn and Spa
King's Port Inn
King's Port Inn
#4 of 8 in Kennebunk

Been to Nonantum Resort? Share your experiences!