“Can't beat the view or the friendly staff, especially Barbara and Tina!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Nonantum Resort

Nonantum Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Kennebunkport
GreenLeadersGold level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Can't beat the view or the friendly staff, especially Barbara and Tina!”
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Take your morning run or walk down ocean drive past Walker point, a great way to start the day!

Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (553)
Groton CT
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Had a business trip and never get to relax at home. Had a room with a view and a comfortable bed so minimal sleep and felt completely rested which gave me a chance to have early (5:30am coffee) on the patio outside my room overlooking the water and lobster boats. It took the daily stress down all ten notches. Will definitely go back again. Staff could never ask enough - good morning and do you need anything.....talked with the gardener also-seeing I am a Master gardener. Their rainy spring has left them with a lot to do but I was amazed at what they accommplished the short time I was there.
Besides atmospher the the FOOD was outstanding!!!!! All around excellent experience!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a private patio, great
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank NancieK
Brewster, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 8, 2011

The Nonantum Resort is one of those special places that is just magical in every way. I went there for a business trip; However, since it was scheduled on my 3rd Wedding Anniversary my husband came along as well. He was very happy he did and loved the Resort as much as I did.

My Experience:

We drove up to the beautiful Nonantum Resort with the easy directions printed from their website. The staff was very friendly and directed us to or waterfront suite overlooking the
harbor. The room was absolutely beautiful, loved the the green and blue paisley comforter and the view overlooking the harbor was breathtaking.

By our bedside was a vase of 14 stunning pink roses as a gift for our anniversary. What a wonderful and kind gesture by Jean and the Nonantum Staff. It was a beautiful day so my husband and I took a short stroll to the mainstreet with some of the best shops and galleries I've seen in New England.

Later that evening we took a beautiful scenic boat ride that left rigt from the Nonantum's dock and was entertained with a beautiful view of the harbor, champagne, cheese and crackers. When you thought the night couldn't get any better, we were blown away by the talented culinary staffs amazing dinner. I can honestly say it was one of the best meals I have ever enjoyed.

When we retired to our room, I realized how comfortable the bed was. The pillows were like sleeping on small clouds. I slept so well and woke up bright and early for an optional early morning walk. So glad I did; the scenic walk up the coast was amazing.

After the walk I enjoyed a great buffet breakfast overlooking the harbor before attending my meetings. My husband explored Kennebunkport and thought the area was really pretty. I didn't have time but there is a very nice pool at the resort or you can rent kayaks and bikes right from the front desk.

The Nonatum is a special place and I would recommend it to anyone who wants a wonderful getaway with lots to do and see in the area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Wayland, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 5, 2011

this is a beautiful riverfront resort in walking distance to the town of kennebunkport, whimsically decorated, with fountains, beautiful grounds, and comfortably appointed rooms.We stayed in the annex, the newer sections, and the rooms overlooked the river, dotted with lobster boats, many of the rooms had beautiful porches and balconies with comfortable chairs, the kings beds had sheets with high thread count and the comforters were clean and fresh. The air conditioner was very effective, but there was a breeze right off the river, and not really needed. Flat screen tv's were in the rooms, and most were gorgeously decorated,nice furnishings, had a wood burning stove, fridge, coffee maker and beautiful views. Free coffee was everywhere, in the room and on each floor. The pool was nice, small, but very clean and heated. We had brunch in the main dining room and the Chef was EXCELLENT! She was highly skilled, professionally trained and charming to boot.She made amazing omelettes and puffed up muffins..the Food was excellent. The entire resort was a delight to the senses, the grounds beautiful, the old fashioned porches and arbors, the rocking chairs, the flowers and plantings, the ocean air. I would say this is a perfect Inn to hold a getaway weekend at, a party or wedding. Perfect setting. I did not want to leave.

Room Tip: book at the annex and request a balcony.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Tara508
Pinehurst, North Carolina
Reviewed May 26, 2011

We recently stayed at The Nonantum Resort for the first time. It was wonderful. The staff couldn't have been more pleasant. The room was quite spacious, had a great water view, microwave, mini-fridge, coffee maker, WiFi, modern bath, TV (cable). It was very clean, quiet, & had a comfortable bed. I'm not easily pleased and this place was great. It was also an excellent value and had a wonderful location - on the same street as the Bush family summer home. We were in one of the newer buildings (Portside) so I can't vouch for the rooms in the main building. You owe it to yourself to give Nonantum a try.

Room Tip: ask if any water view rooms in Portside.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BobbyC777
Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 11, 2011

My family and I stayed here over the Mother's Day weekend. We arrived on Friday and departed on Monday. Upon check in we were greeted very kindly by a woman who explained all of the events going on for the hotel, and pointed out some restaurants and places to visit with small children. The room was a ground floor patio room, and was very clean and the view was beautiful. My wife and I (after the kids fell asleep) were able to just sit out there and relax. Didn't matter how chilly it was at night being May, it was so relaxing. Breakfast each morning was great, and the Mother's Day Brunch was the best we have had in a really long time. Overall, top notch resort, great housekeeping, very friendly staff, price was great being off season. We would 100% go back in the future, you won't be let down if you decide to stay here. Thanks Nonantum!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed May 10, 2011

My son got married at the Nonantum Resort. My husband and I stayed there for five nights. It's an older hotel that's been refurbished. We selected the pricier room. The bathroom was small and lacked counter space. The bedroom was a good size, the bed comfortable and lots of pillows were on the bed. The room lacked overhead lighting. From the sliding door was a beautiful view of the inlet with boats anchored. The complimentary breakfast varied from buffet to waitress service depending on the number of guests that were staying at the resort. Overall the food was good and the staff accommodating.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bselikoff
jeangm11, Owner at Nonantum Resort, responded to this review, May 11, 2011
We appreciate hearing about your recent stay! Hope to see you and your wonderful family back at The Nonantum very soon!
Regards,
Jean Ginn Marvin
Innkeeper
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennebunkport
Colony Hotel
#13 of 26 in Kennebunkport
Kennebunkport Inn
Kennebunkport Inn
#5 of 26 in Kennebunkport

Been to Nonantum Resort? Share your experiences!