Maine Stay Inn and Cottages
Captain Fairfield Inn(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
$289
The Breakwater Inn and Spa(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
$339
The Lodge on the Cove(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
$286
Kennebunkport Inn(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
$284
Captain Lord Mansion(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
$389
$369
Official Site
The Boathouse Waterfront Hotel & Restaurant(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
$367
$351
Lodge at Turbat's Creek(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
$149
Nonantum Resort(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
$369
$399
Colony Hotel(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
$269
All reviewsthe main housethe cottagesmain stayromantic cottagesmall kitchencottage numbermy husband and ibreakfast was deliciousother guestsbed and breakfastwonderful hostseach morninggas fireplaceowners and staffnew englandshops and restaurantsdock square
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We are repeat guests with Walter and Judi. This was our first year to come for Prelude. We have stayed in different rooms on the property this time we were in the newly remodeled #12! Two room suite with the best bathroom and shower you will find anywhere. The guests are a lot of fun! We spent 2 hours in a great conversation with several on Saturday night. We look forward to coming in the summer of 2013.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Just left our stay at the inn - the place was very nice but don't stay cottage 10 - beds are as hard as rocks!!!! Other than that - very nice Inn. As for the Owner - she can use a little sweetness to her personality if you going to be in this line of business. Also - as a suggestion - I would display a menu of your typical breakfast - so people can say to you if this works or not. The breakfast did not work for me . A comment was made to our group - I wish people would have told them what like for breakfast - not very nice in her tone. So if you don't want devil foods pancakes .... email in. I was fine just having the coffee but could have live with out the comments. So the next day we made sure we left early - did not want a repeat performance. Can only speak for us - which we did leave saying - this was a lovely place but too bad the not so friendly inn keeper ways put the damper on our stay.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Took430
kportinnkeepers, Owner at Maine Stay Inn and Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

My daughter’s favorite book growing up was Alexander and the Terrible Horrible, no Good, very bad Day. Saturday I felt like Alexander. The inn was fuller than it had ever been. All sofa beds and aero beds were used. 47 guests for breakfast, the most ever. I planned a festive Christmas menu especially for the young at heart. Homemade devils food pancakes with hardly any sugar, topped with homemade raspberry sauce, mint leaves and a dab of whipped cream, scrambled eggs, sausage. The plates looked gorgeous and festive. As I was serving guests began announcing their food allergies and dietary issues to lactose, eggs, wheat, and meat. We request this information 7 times during the booking process and make it clear we need advance warning. I was very frustrated that I could not handle the last minute dietary issues. Apparently I was unable to hide the stress of the situation from my guests and did not appear like my normal warm self. I also apologize for not posting our menu in advance, we normally do this, but it simply got overlooked by my front desk staff with the overly busy weekend. Thanks for reminding us how important this is.

Your comment about our new mattresses being too hard is unfortunate. Mattresses are a very personal thing, some like them hard and some like them soft, but I can only say we do not ever have old and tired mattresses on this property.

It is too bad that I put a damper on your stay, as I had put tremendous effort into making Christmas Prelude special for you and all of our guests. A negative comment such as yours is taken seriously. Thank you for letting me know I did not fulfill your expectations. Constructive comments help me become a better innkeeper.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

How refreshing it was to meet fellow travelers over a delicious (and may I add gluten free) breakfast at the Maine Stay Inn. The innkeepers were more than accommodating to the dietary needs of their guests. In today's hurried world there was no rush to leave the table as Judi and Walter attended to their guests - even sitting down for a bit to chat. You never know who you will meet or what you will learn and the conversation at the table was lively - everyone had a happy story to tell. Fall is a wonderful time to visit Kennebunkport - walks are quiet and brisk. I wish I had more time to spend at this happy place - I am enticed to return to have more Kennebunkport discoveries as there is so much to see.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My wife and I just returned from a weekend at the Main Stay Inn in Kennebunkport. We loved everything about the inn, from the warm, cozy atmosphere in the comfortable room to the old-word charm of the house itself. The innkeepers, Judi and Walter, were so accommodating and helpful with everything, including dinner suggestions, that they added greatly to that charm. The gourmet breakfasts were a delicious way to start our Saturday and Sunday. All of it, combined with great weather, made for a perfect weekend. We shall return!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I have been going to Kennebunkport for over 10 years. We have tried many Inns....this year we fell in love with the Maine Stay. We stayed in both cottage 3 and 7. Cottage 7 was perfect, spacious, comfortable bed, fireplace, and large jacquizzi tub. Breakfast was delivered to our cottage each morning, how nice to wake up to breakfast being served. The food was original and delicious. Walt and staff did an amazing job, always warm, inviting, and helpful. They even helped my husband order gorgeous flowers. We will back!

• Stayed: November 2012