Our family stayed here for two nights and it was two nights too long. The location is very good and the walk to Goose Rocks Beach takes about 10-15 minutes. The room was very spacious and clean. My main grievance was the price for what you got. The beds were some of the most uncomfortable beds I ever slept in. The breakfast was advertised as expanded but was actually much less than expected. The entire resort site seemed like it needed a lot of upkeep or maintenance done to be called a resort. Even the parking lot was a disappointment: unpaved dirt/sand/stones not very nice for unloading luggage without getting everything dirty. I probably would have overlooked some of these items but for the cost it seemed like I was taken advantage of. The pictures we saw of the place weren't too detailed and from a distance looks like a respectable place to stay. It wasn't till we got there that I really saw what I was paying for. This place has a lot of potential to be a GREAT resort, but not currently. I'm sure there are much better alternatives.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on ten private acres, Ocean Woods Resort at Goose Rocks Beach offers a great vacation destination for families or a romantic getaway for two. Relax, enjoy country views and ocean breezes. Just minutes from Dock Square shopping and dining in world famous Kennebunkport. 32 Spacious guest rooms with private baths, cable TV. Continental Breakfast included. Outdoor pool and hot tub, shuffleboard, basketball, tetherball, horseshoes. Affordable family rates. On-site pub and casual family dining with kid's menu and big screen TV's. Great place for weddings, reunions, business meetings and family traditions. Hosts: Kathleen Spang-Morton and Peter Morton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Ocean Woods Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Woods Hotel Kennebunkport
- Goose Rocks
- Ocean Woods Resort Kennebunkport, Maine