... is the Ocean Woods winning equation for a family with young children looking for a reasonably priced place to stay close to Goose Rocks Beach. This is definitely a challenge, and all the more happy we were that Ocean Woods lived up to and beyond our expectations. I'm not quite sure what is meant by the term 'Resort', and so I'm not sure if this precisely describes the place here, but as a simple, well run, clean and beautifully located guest house it was perfect for us as a family of 5. The owner, Kathleen, was a great host, and decked us out with all the beach gear we needed for our whole stay including beach towels, chairs and parasols, even sand toys and bodyboards. Despite having Goose Rocks, one of the most amazing beaches anywhere, a short hop away, it was a real treat to have a pool and places, like the garden pond, for kids to play and run around ... not to mention sort out all the shells and other ocean delights found along the beach earlier in the day. We were lucky to have a ground floor room, looking out back - not to the parking lot, so that our terrace basically spilled directly into the gardens. Breakfast was included, albeit nothing special to write home about (it would have been nice to have regular metal cutlery instead plastic spoons and paper plates etc) but this didn't particularly dent our enjoyment. The owners acquired the place about 7 years ago and seem to be executing much needed upgrades bit by bit. Although it seems a bit run-down and raw at some edges, it was clear, even in the short while that we were there, that the process to bring the building up to newer standards is being actively pursued. Goose Rocks Beach is a special place, and we would certainly recommend Ocean Woods to anyone coming to this little corner of Maine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on ten private acres, Ocean Woods Resort at Goose Rocks Beach offers a great vacation destination for families or a romantic getaway for two. Relax, enjoy country views and ocean breezes. Just minutes from Dock Square shopping and dining in world famous Kennebunkport. 32 Spacious guest rooms with private baths, cable TV. Continental Breakfast included. Outdoor pool and hot tub, shuffleboard, basketball, tetherball, horseshoes. Affordable family rates. On-site pub and casual family dining with kid's menu and big screen TV's. Great place for weddings, reunions, business meetings and family traditions. Hosts: Kathleen Spang-Morton and Peter Morton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Ocean Woods Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Woods Hotel Kennebunkport
- Goose Rocks
- Ocean Woods Resort Kennebunkport, Maine