I had the chance to visit the Captain Lord Mansion while visiting Southern Maine with my Mom. WOW! was all we could say. It's superior in all ways. Filled with beautiful artwork and antiques, the inn features a spa, two living rooms (one formal parlor and one casual TV room), a great gift shop - more like a gift store, and a full wine list with exceedingly reasonable prices. Free wi-fi is available throughout the inn, and each room comes equipped with a refigerator filled with complimentary soft drinks and waters.
Two things stand out in my mind about this visit. I loved the lavish bath with the heated marble floors and shower with body jets. We stayed in the Callender room, with a gas fireplace and huge four poster king bed, it was great. The other thing that I was moved by was the Memory Garden. Each time a guest celebrates their tenth visit, a stone is placed in the garden with their name on it. The stones wind their way around a beautiful fountain. It's amazing to think all those people have visited 10 times.
Kennebunkport has so much to do, but I can tell for many people, just being at the Captain Lord Mansion is all you need for a relaxing, wonderful getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We invite you to experience the only 4 Diamond AAA bed and breakfast in Kennebunkport, ME., A Select Registry Property. Enjoy spacious guest rooms at our Kennebunkport inn with comfy oversize beds, heated bathroom floors, luxurious amenities, gas fireplaces, & Jacuzzi-style tubs. Our B&B in Kennebunkport also features complimentary, three-course breakfast, beach chairs & towels, Wi-Fi, in-room snacks & afternoon beverages. Three short blocks from wonderful shops, galleries, and restaurants, our Kennebunkport bed & breakfast is perfect for a romantic Maine Coast getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Captain Lord Mansion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Captain Lord Mansion Hotel Kennebunkport
- Captain Lord Mansion Kennebunkport, Maine