My husband and I spent the weekend at the Captain Lord Mansion for our 1st Anniversary. We opted to stay in the Captain's Garden House which is a separate building behind the Captain Lord Mansion and I honestly really would recommend this. The Captain's Garden House gets you all the perks of the mansion but in a smaller more intimate setting. We had breakfast with at most 3 other couples (I believe the Captain's Garden House only has 4 bedrooms) whereas in the mansion things are much louder and I think there are 10+ rooms.
Our room was great, very cute. The bed, especially the bedding, was SO soft and comfortable. My only complaint would be that we were slightly disappointed with the "private jacuzzi" that was advertised for our room (the Nathaniel). It was basically just a bigger tub with jets and it was slightly hard to get in and out of since the walls of it were so high.
The staff were super nice and accommodating. We also got a couples massage which was so worth it (definitely recommend the hot stones!).
The location of the mansion can't be beat. You're about a 5 minute walk to downtown so we literally parked our car on Friday when we arrived and didn't use it again until leaving on Sunday.
Lastly - the highlight for us was breakfast on Sat and Sun morning. The Captain's Garden House had our own cook and breakfast was served at 9. We had fresh fruit, yogurt, and granola both mornings. Additionally on Saturday we had HOT blueberry muffins, waffles, potatoes, and soft boiled eggs. On Sunday we had warm sticky buns, STEAK, and a feta, tomato, and onion souffle. Plus coffee, tea, and orange juice. This was all included as part of your stay and I literally can't speak highly enough of the food. The cooks rotated and both girls were so nice and were happy to switch out parts of the menu based on your dietary needs. Such a great way to start both our days in KPT! Also left out in our Captain's Garden House were snacks all day, coffee + tea, lemonade, iced tea, and in the fridge were complimentary sodas and water. It really was a great place to stay.
I highly recommend staying here if you're looking for that B&B feel. It was our first stay at a B&B and yes, it's very different from a resort but totally worth it to try something new! (Note there is no pool just FYI)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We invite you to experience the only 4 Diamond AAA bed and breakfast in Kennebunkport, ME., A Select Registry Property. Enjoy spacious guest rooms at our Kennebunkport inn with comfy oversize beds, heated bathroom floors, luxurious amenities, gas fireplaces, & Jacuzzi-style tubs. Our B&B in Kennebunkport also features complimentary, three-course breakfast, beach chairs & towels, Free Wi-Fi, in-room snacks & afternoon beverages. Three short blocks from wonderful shops, galleries, and restaurants, our Kennebunkport bed & breakfast is perfect for a romantic Maine Coast getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Captain Lord Mansion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Captain Lord Mansion Hotel Kennebunkport
- Captain Lord Mansion Kennebunkport, Maine