I just don't know where to start because we had the best experience and I would like to be sure to include all of it! We went for Mother's Day weekend which was wonderful because it was 'stay two nights and get Mother's Day free.' We didn't think we would be able to take advantage of the free night but we ended up staying because we were just so impressed with everything and so relaxed from the pampering that we couldn't resist!
I will start with the Staff: Amazing, all of them! Everyone we encountered that worked at the Mansion was super helpful and extremely friendly from housekeeping to kitchen staff to office staff. The Owner went out of his way to touch bases with us at least three times and even gave us a bottle of wine that he thought we might enjoy (we did!). Our room was unbelievable. We stayed in the Union Suite and really didn't want to leave. Was a bit apprehensive that it was on the 3rd floor, but was not a problem at all. We slept so well. The king bed was super comfy. Staff made sure to give me extra pillows as I had been recently diagnosed with an inner ear disorder and could not lie flat. Even sleeping upright was comfy! lol! Running to the bath during the night was a pleasure because the heated tiles kept your toes from getting chilly. The HUGE Jacuzzi (double size!) tub and shower were amazing. I can't stress enough how clean the rooms were too. Not a speck of dusk anywhere. Special touches that were over the top were stocked mini fridge, Ipod doc with radio/alarm/charger, flat screen tv with cable/chocolates/champagne/flowers/ super soft sheets and down comforter. Then you got to eat breakfast each morning with the other guests. I was alittle apprehensive about this as I am not a big talker/socializer in the morning (let alone getting up early) but they offer early breakfast at 8:30 and one for us late risers at 9:45. Perfect! The food is so good--all homemade: muffins/fresh fruit and yogurt/granola/we had home made stuffed french toast and 5 min eggs one morning, then the next was homemade sticky buns (yum!) and egg souffle and small steak and then next was potato pancake with ham/egg and cheese sauce. Awesome! You could sit in the kitchen or in main dining room. We did both and enjoyed both experiences. Meet some wonderful people and laughed lots. Really was fun. Also need to mention how after roaming the town or going out to eat we would return and find all kinds of goodies in the kitchen for us to snack on: cheese/crackers/cake/iced tea and more.
In the end I am sure I missed all kinds of things, but I wanted to say how my husband enjoyed himself. He is not one to travel and when I mentioned a B&B he cringed. When we were leaving he told me I could not have picked any place better and how much he enjoyed his stay. I am sure we will be visiting again! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We invite you to experience the only 4 Diamond AAA bed and breakfast in Kennebunkport, ME., A Select Registry Property. Enjoy spacious guest rooms at our Kennebunkport inn with comfy oversize beds, heated bathroom floors, luxurious amenities, gas fireplaces, & Jacuzzi-style tubs. Our B&B in Kennebunkport also features complimentary, three-course breakfast, beach chairs & towels, Free Wi-Fi, in-room snacks & afternoon beverages. Three short blocks from wonderful shops, galleries, and restaurants, our Kennebunkport bed & breakfast is perfect for a romantic Maine Coast getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia and Orbitz so you can book your Captain Lord Mansion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Captain Lord Mansion Hotel Kennebunkport
- Captain Lord Mansion Kennebunkport, Maine