My husband and I have visited B&B's all over Maine, and the Captain Jeffords Inn is definitely the best we have found in the Kennbunkport area. My husband was in a foot cast this time, so we definitely wanted to be close to everything. We could easily walk to Dock Square shops, the trolley, and restaurants so the CJI was perfect for our situation. The Inn is lovingly taken care of with beautiful landscaping and updated rooms that still honor the historical integrity of the original part of the house which is where we stayed (Chatham Room).
The best part of this beautiful Inn, however, is the warm hospitality shown by all the staff. There always seemed to be someone on call to help with whatever one might need. There was a delicious three course breakfast every morning in the lovely dining room where you could either eat at the main table with others, or sit at a separate table on your own for privacy.
Tea, coffee, and soft drinks were always available along with the most delicious pastries every afternoon in the comfortable sun room. We found ourselves coming back every night after dinner out to that same lovely sunroom for coffee and dessert.
We were there the 1st and 2nd of October, and it was a very good mix of guests. Young couples along with retired travelers with quite a few from England visiting several areas of New England while here in the States. One of the highlights for us was talking with travelers from all over the US and also sharing with those from other countries.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Truly "Your Very Special Place." The Captain Jefferds Inn Bed & Breakfast in Kennebunkport, Maine is a warm and inviting 1804 sea captain’s home. From the time you enter through this Maine inn's red front door you will experience the charm, comfort and exceptional hospitality provided by these Kennebunkport innkeepers and their dedicated staff. At the Captain Jefferds Inn it's all about personal service and little touches to enhance your stay like free wireless internet access throughout the property and afternoon tea featuring a wonderful assortment of home baked goods and light hors d'oeuvres as well as fresh squeezed lemonade and iced tea in the summer months and hot mulled cider in the winter. We are pet friendly in 5 outside entrance rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Captain Jefferds Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Captain Jefferds Hotel Kennebunkport
- Captain Jefferds Inn Kennebunkport, Maine