Captain Jefferds Inn sits in a quiet and charming neighborhood in Kennebunkport. The main inn is very charming, breakfasts are good (a bit over the top for some reason), the staff friendly and the place clean. We booked the Baxter "carriage house" because we had our dog--it was rather expensive (close to 400 a night) and the pet fee high. But the pictures and innkeeper description assured us it was very large and roomy and luxury. It was anything but. First, what they DIDNT mention was that we were right below another room--and the people had 2 big dogs. So we heard the thumping, walking, creaking, and all the bathroom sounds (UGHHHH) above us for both nights and both mornings. Asking the asst. innkeeper to mention there were people below did not help--the place is very old and very creaky and the noise woke us up many times. It was unplesant. In addition, the room was not luxury-the toilet seat was cheap plastic and came loose, the shower fixture was loose and leaking, and overall, the room was small and the bathroom tiny. Theres a huge soaking tub right in the room--rather odd. The TV cables all came loose, and we had to figure out how to put them back so it would work. Overall, for the price, the room was very substandard and certainly not a "luxury room", as advertised. I estimate the room should have gone more for 200 a night to match what we got and we felt the innkeeper should have let us know it was right below others and the floors noisy. I asked other guests about their rooms--many liked theirs, but I did hear some complaints from other guests. We would not return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Truly "Your Very Special Place." The Captain Jefferds Inn Bed & Breakfast in Kennebunkport, Maine is a warm and inviting 1804 sea captain’s home. From the time you enter through this Maine inn's red front door you will experience the charm, comfort and exceptional hospitality provided by these Kennebunkport innkeepers and their dedicated staff. At the Captain Jefferds Inn it's all about personal service and little touches to enhance your stay like free wireless internet access throughout the property and afternoon tea featuring a wonderful assortment of home baked goods and light hors d'oeuvres as well as fresh squeezed lemonade and iced tea in the summer months and hot mulled cider in the winter. We are pet friendly in 5 outside entrance rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Captain Jefferds Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Captain Jefferds Hotel Kennebunkport
- Captain Jefferds Inn Kennebunkport, Maine