My wife and I recently returned from a wonderful weekend away in Kennebunkport. After looking on the internet at seemingly mediocre properties for hours on end, I knew instantly that this would be the perfect place. We're usually not too into B&Bs as we like our privacy but this particular property had the perfect balance between comfort, privacy and the good aspects of B&Bs--terrific breakfast and afternoon tea along with lots of personalized style. On the other hand, Sarah and Erik, the innkeepers, provided excellent service and were suprisingly attentive to all aspects of our stay--qualities one might expect from a larger operation. Our room was clean, comfortable and tastfully decorated in Federal style.
We walked to dinner each night--Hurricane and Bandaloop. Hurricane was great but was sort of a run of the mill coastal steak and seafood place that exists in most upscale seaside towns. Dollar oysters on Sundays after 4 were a nice surprise. Bandaloop proves that if you limit your Maine culinary experience to lobster, you are really missing out. Emphasis was on quality local ingredients and some very nice affordable wines. Lunch at the Ramp in Cape Porpoise was a lot of fun.
It was a great weekend getaway and we're already planning our trip back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Truly "Your Very Special Place." The Captain Jefferds Inn Bed & Breakfast in Kennebunkport, Maine is a warm and inviting 1804 sea captain’s home. From the time you enter through this Maine inn's red front door you will experience the charm, comfort and exceptional hospitality provided by these Kennebunkport innkeepers and their dedicated staff. At the Captain Jefferds Inn it's all about personal service and little touches to enhance your stay like free wireless internet access throughout the property and afternoon tea featuring a wonderful assortment of home baked goods and light hors d'oeuvres as well as fresh squeezed lemonade and iced tea in the summer months and hot mulled cider in the winter. We are pet friendly in 5 outside entrance rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Captain Jefferds Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Captain Jefferds Hotel Kennebunkport
- Captain Jefferds Inn Kennebunkport, Maine