“Lovely; great hospitality”

and 1 more site!
1802 House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 25 Kennebunkport B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 12, 2010

Lovely room and location. All great aside an initial scary moment (We arrived an hour early and the reaction was a bit theatrical; like we'd just fouled the carpet). Really cannot fault anything. Very helpful in terms of orientation to the town. The 3 course breakfast was simply way beyond our expectations; truly sumptuous. Will recommend and will come again. We even promise to show up at a reasonable hour next time!

Reviewed January 13, 2010

The inkeepers (Jay and Linda) welcomed us with excitement when we arrived late at night giving us information about the area (including a map of the area with highlighted spots that they recommended) and about breakfast in the morning. Jay was available all day long for questions and even went as far as scheduling activities for us so we wouldn't have to call around ourselves.

The gourmet breakfasts in the mornings were absolutely delicious. They were very careful to plan out menus and have something different for us each day. On the morning we left they even packed a breakfast to go for us.

The rooms were extremely clean and well-kept complete with fresh wine glasses and water everyday and bedwarmers under the sheets for the cold winter night.

Location is great being in walking distance from all the fun in Kennebunkport and it is only a short drive from great beaches, lighthouses and Portland.

We highly recommend staying at the 1802 House. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed January 12, 2010

The 1802 House is the absolute best place for a getaway! The cozy house is so elegant and the innkeepers are simply wonderful! My husband and I spent our honeymoon at the 1802 House in July of 2008 and knew after our first night there we would come back as often as we could! This past weekend (January 9, 2010) we were able to go back to the 1802 House and once again it was superb! The town and house were still decorated with holiday cheer, the Sebago Suite was simply beautiful, and the three course breakfasts were outstanding to say the least. Our stay would not have been the same without the exceptional hospitality of Jay and Linda, the innkeepers! Their attention to detail and genuine kindness made our trip truly memorable! Thank you so much!

Reviewed January 11, 2010

I'm a mid westerner, originally from New England. On a recent business trip to Maine, I stayed at the 1802 House. I’m a big fan of B&Bs and I’ve stayed in a few here and in Europe, but nothing matched the comfort & hospitality provided by Jay and Linda, except maybe those long-ago visits to my Grandma’s, except the food at the 1802 house is better.

From the moment Jay greeted me at the door, showed me to my incredibly luxurious room, got me last minute reservations at a wonderful restaurant, to the incredible multi-course gourmet breakfast, I was pampered.

Reluctantly back on the road, I felt like I’d uncovered a cozy hidden gem tucked away on the coast of Maine, and spent time with really close friends. I can’t wait to come back with my wife for a visit.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 2, 2010

It is interesting how we can't write verbal insults since I am writing about receiving verbal insults from our innkeeper. It was a very disappointing gift for our anniversary and a poor way to spend almost a thousand dollars. There are so many better choices in the same area..GO THERE!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
CaberetKennebunkport, Owner at 1802 House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2010

We're very disappointed to hear about this. All of us at the 1802 House work very hard to make sure our guests have a wonderful experience. We regard our guests highly and make every effort to engage them in conversations laced with helpful information and good humor.
We have no knowledge of any conversation that might have left a guest feeling this way. Any perceived insensitivity was certainly unintentional. Even so, we sincerely apologize for any statement that was misinterpreted.

Reviewed June 19, 2009

My husband and I spent our 35th wedding anniversary at the 1802 House. As Innkeepers ourselves we admired the beautiful decor and cleanliness of the Inn. The rooms included whirlpool tubs with plush bathrobes, working fireplace, CD player and music, TV, DVD, monogramed wine glasses, bed warmers and chocolates. And in the moring we were treated to a wonderful 3 course breakfast in the warm and inviting dining room. On the day we left we planned to skip breakfast, but Jay had a "breakfast to go" ready for us as we left. The Inn is located on a quiet side street close to town. Jay maped out the sights to see and advised on some great restaurants. As fellow innkeepers we truly appreciate the extra touches and effort involved in making this Inn a wonderful destination.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 2, 2008

My wife and I spent an anniversary at the 1802 House. The accomodations are very nice, and the breakfast was great. The hosts, Jay and Linda, really make this stay special. They were extremely helpful with suggesting things to do and gave us great dining recommendations. Always were willing to spend time giving us assistance.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Thank St.JohnVirgin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennebunkport
Kennebunkport Inn
#4 of 25 in Kennebunkport
Captain Fairfield Inn
Captain Fairfield Inn
#5 of 25 in Kennebunkport

Been to 1802 House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!