“My new favorite place for breakfast or lunch”
Review of Salt & Honey

Salt & Honey
Ranked #13 of 50 Restaurants in Kennebunkport
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Description: A fresh take on breakfast, lunch and dinner offered in a comfortable setting. Located just off Dock Square in the heart of historic Kennebunkport, Maine.
Tallahassee
“My new favorite place for breakfast or lunch”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

We come to Maine from Florida to escape the heat. Kennebunkport is a great spot to enjoy the sparkling water, scenic community and eat good food. Our new favorite place is Salt and Honey. We have been told by the locals that it is the best breakfast in town. I agree. But, if you are up there for lunch, I highly recommend the hand cut fries!

1 Thank TallyHoNow

Boston
“Cheerful staff, fresh salads!”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We had two lunches at Salt and Honey and were very happy with the service and our dishes, of course! I had a different salad each day and would definitely recommend trying their Moroccan ahi tuna avocado salad. The veggie grilled sandwiches are worth a try; crispy bread and melted fontina on fresh selections of veggies was yum!

1 Thank Alka I
Kennebunk, Maine
“Flavorful Alternative”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We stopped by today for a late breakfast and were pleasantly surprised by the menu. We both selected breakfast burritos which were rich in fresh veggies and delightful flavors. A bit more expensive than eggs, fries and toast but well worth it. If you are looking for an alternative to standard breakfast fare....try this place. The staff is friendly and truly interested in your satisfaction.

1 Thank charles a
Kennebunkport, Maine
“Disappointing First Visit”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We really wanted to like Salt and Honey as a new restaurant in the Kennebunks, so we tried it for Sunday brunch last weekend. Disappointing first visit--and not sure it's worth a second chance unfortunately. Average food at best at expensive prices and disorganized and fairly unfriendly wait staff just didn't make for a great first impression at any turn. We had to wait for a table, which seemed like a good sign that this new eatery was popular. When we were finally seated outside in the back, the first person we met was unsmiling beverage server who didn't say one word to us. Then it took a while to get menus and beverages. I ordered scrambled eggs and toast with a pancake on the side. Took a while for the meal to arrive. The potatoes were steamy hot and crunchy but the eggs, toast and pancake were all served stone cold. And they got even colder as it took the wait staff even longer for bring out butter, jam and syrup. They chef knew they were running slow since s/he thoughtfully sent out some extra sausage links, but the wait staff didn't think to bring the accompaniments out ahead of time. When the server asked how things were, I politely told her that most of my breakfast arrived stone cold. She got defensive and basically told me she didn't believe me. No apologies--she just walked away and handed us the bill. In the end our first impression was: overpriced, so-so food, and not worth it. Sorry we had hoped it would be better...

2 Thank Tim S
Saltandhoney, Owner at Salt & Honey, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Hello Tim,

I want to sincerely apologize for your less than stellar first visit to Salt and Honey. You're feedback was greatly appreciated as we are only a month old and trying to work out all the kinks. I would really enjoy the chance to prove that we are customer service driven if you are willing to give us another shot. As a chef owner the food and customer satisfaction matters the most to me so you're disappointing experience really struck a chord and we hope and believe we have taken the corrective actions so this will not happen again in the future. I look forward to possibility of you're second visit to Salt and Honey and living up to the expectations you had upon arriving for you're first visit.

Sincerely
Jackson Yordon
Chef Owner
Manlius, New York, United States
“Great food and dog friendly”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

When we travel with our dog it is not unusual to be surrounded by a group of vacationers who ask about our flat coat retriever, an uncommon breed. When it comes time to find a place to eat lunch or just grab a snack it can become a real challenge in some areas, Kennebunkport in particular. Faced with just this challenge on a hot day in early June we stumbled on Salt and Honey. The restaurant had opened just two weeks ago, and our hosts greeted our dog with a stainless steel bowl of cold water.
The restaurant is upstairs in a building on Ocean Ave a block down from Dock Square. There is inside and outside seating. We chose to sit downstairs and the proprietors happily delivered our lunch to us as we sat in comfortable black metal deck furniture.
Owner an Chef Jackson Yordon has over 10 years of experience in restaurants in Tallahassee, Florida and Atlanta, Georgia. I had a delicious breakfast sandwich with hand cut Belgian style double fried french fries. Water was served in real glasses as opposed to plastic cups. The service was excellent, and we enjoyed sitting in the shade and watching the sites on this early season weekend.

1 Thank Stephen B