“Lovely place but hot.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 26 Kennebunkport B&B and Inns
Hartford, Connecticut
“Lovely place but hot.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2010

As we were aware that only some of the units had air conditioning I called in advance to confirm that ours would. I was quickly told that it did. After getting such a quick response I did not feel it was necessary to get her name. Actually, what good does that do? Upon arrival we were told it did not. I asked if another unit with AC was available and was told no. After I told the young lady that I had been assured that the unit would have AC, she informed me that the following day someone would come and install a window unit. We said that would be fine with us. No one ever came. We were there for 4 nites during a major heat wave. Granted, the weather was unusually warm during our stay. The ceiling fans helped a bit. However, it was rather disappointing to be told one thing and have that not to be true. Other than that, we found the place really clean, quiet and beautifully landscaped. They have a sister property, The Kennebunkport Inn, that has a pool to which we had access. Thank goodness for that. The breakfasts were very good and healthy and delivered right to our door at 8:30 AM as promised. You could walk to the center of town in about 15 mins or less. I would recommend this place to a friend but I would also point out the lack of AC. I think it is better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank frankie33804
cabotcovekport, General Manager at The Cottages at Cabot Cove, responded to this review, July 23, 2010
We would like to thank this guest for their candid opinions and feedback on their stay here at Cabot Cove. We value each and every comment from guests, the good and the not so good. While we are happy to hear that the accommodations were clean, quiet, and beautifully landscaped, we are just as unsatisfied with the lapse in our guest service. Due to the unique nature of our cottages, we do have some units that have air conditioning and some that do not. There is no excuse for the lapse of service, and it is not something that happens often. In this case, we wish that we had been given an opportunity to correct the issue to the best of our ability and to prevent your stay being less than perfect.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Pennslylania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2010

My husband and I stayed for 4 nights in Endless Summer. This was an early celebration of our 30th anniversary. I absolutely loved every minute we were there. Teri and her staff were so warm and kind. The cottage was absolutely spotless and adorable, I especiall loved the gardens. In all of our travels it was the best place we ever stayed. We can't wait to return again in the future.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2009

We stayed in Sea Mist for a few days and cannot stop raving about this place. As soon as we pulled in and saw all the cottages, I knew I'd made the right choice staying here. Friendly help, always smiling. Our cottage was adorable. The decorator who designed our cabin owns an antique store not too far away and she had a binder with all the information about each piece of furniture and where it had come from (Ireland, Belgium, etc). Very interesting. It was small but every space was so well utilized and CUTE!! Nice touches all over. You will love this place. Very close to town which was perfect for us. You won't regret staying here, I guarantee it.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
N Dartmouth MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2009

We stayed in cottage #13 called Smooth Sailing. We arrived at our 3:00 pm check in time. Terri was really nice. She told me breakfast would be served at either 8:30 or 9:00 am. I found this to be a bit late so I chose 8:30. I would have prefered 7:30.
Our cottage was really cute. All the lights were left on and there was some soft music playing from the i pod dock. She left out a couple chocolate chip cookies with a note wishing us a "Happy Anniversary"
The grounds are really beautiful and it's so quiet. It was totally relaxing. Each cottage is privately owned which I found out upon check out. Our cottage was nice with a few exceptions. The t.v. (13 inches or less) mounted on the wall was too small. I wish that there was a tv in the bedroom. I found the bed a little uncomfortable but my husband said it was okay. Our living room had no shades so there wasn't a lot of privacy. Other than that everything else was perfect. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.
Our breakfast came over in a basket. They delivered warm cherry turnovers, honeydew melon, yogurt and fresh squeezed orange juice.
The cottages at Cabot Cove are as nice as they look online. Staff is very friendly. Stay here you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank msar1076
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2009

The Sweet Dreams cottage was perfect; every room was beautifully decorated. It was hard for us to leave this incredible little cottage. The breakfast was simple, but good and the area was very peaceful.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Western Mass.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2009

My husband and I often celebrate our anniversary in Kennebunkport. The Cottages at Cabot Cove provided everything we needed...privacy, spacious (compared to a hotel room), near the water, TV (a must for HIM!). Breakfast was delightful. I liked being able to walk to town. The Schooner Eleanor was great as promised. The staff are friendly and helpful. We'll be back!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2009

We wanted to get away from the hustle and bustle of NJ/NY. Cabot Cove is the near-perfect remedy. Ideal location, attentive service, wonderful, cozy cottage with just enough amenities to make it feel like a little slice of home away from home (small but terrific kitchen, nice bath products, excellent furnishings, etc.). Upon arrival my wife and I immediately jumped in a (complimentary) row boat and and pushed off from the dock into the inlet that filters to downtown Kennebunkport. The rest was history. Our only two (and very minor) concerns were that the bed could have been a bit more firm and curtains instead of shades on the windows might have helped soften the morning sun. These are privately owned condo cottages so each one differs from the next. However, they all seem to be excellent escapes from the everyday. Enjoyed it all immensely.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennebunkport
The Grand Hotel
#5 of 26 in Kennebunkport
The Breakwater Inn and Spa
The Breakwater Inn and Spa
#15 of 26 in Kennebunkport

Been to The Cottages at Cabot Cove? Share your experiences!