My husband and I spent two nights in the Tranquility Cottage in August as part of our mini-moon. As soon as we saw the cottages, we knew we came to the right place. Located right next to a beautiful cove, each cottage is separated from the next, giving privacy to each occupants. They have banana bikes, kayaks, croquet as well as other games. We tried to make the most of all the offered activities. The kayak was our favorite, we took a double one for a nice visit of Kennebunport and its area. This is really a huge bonus because the rental are really pricey in town! They also have beach chairs, beach parking permits, beach towels, again great inclusions for a beach getaway.
As for our cottage, it was beautifully decorated and very functional, only down-point would be that it is quite small (even tiny). I would definitely not go there with children as there is no room at all for an extra person. However, they might have bigger cottages? But for two, it is very ok. The room holds a double bed which is extremely comfortable and connects with a tiny (but again functional) bathroom. There is also a living room/kitchen which adds a very nice touch to the cottage, allowing to prepare meals there or watch movies. On our first night, there was a huge storm and it was just perfect to stay in and watch a dvd that we borrowed from reception. We also stayed in one night and add a lobster dinner. As we had some difficulties finding cooked lobster closed by, we asked the innkeeper. She found us delicious lobsters very close by and seemed really happy to help us. We were then able to enjoy our dinner in our little garden which was fantastic.
A breakfast basket was brought to our porch on the morning. On the first morning, we had a baguette with Brie cheese, 5 strawberries and orange juice. The baguette and cheese were good, but I would have loved more fruits. Second morning was better with ham and cheese filled croissants with fruit salad.
As for AC, I was a bit concerned with the comments on TA. Our cottage actually had AC in our bathroom windows, but we ended up not using it. It was just perfect to sleep with open windows and the ceiling fans. I am usually a big fan of AC, but it is just not necessary there.
It was our second visit to Kennebunkport, first time saying at Captain Fairfield Inn. Depending on what you are expecting from your getaway, they are both great choices. Captain Fairfield Inn for the gourmet breakfast, big plush rooms and relaxation. Cottage at Cabot Coves for an active getaway and privacy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Upscale lodging located on the Cabot Cove. Sixteen pristine, designer decorated cottages. Five star service. Gourmet breakfast bag delivered to your cottage each morning. Picnic lunches, spa services, canoes and kayaks available. The perfect spot in a perfect seaside town. We look forward to welcoming you to Kennebunkport and Cabot Cove. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your The Cottages at Cabot Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cottages At Cabot Cove Hotel Kennebunkport
- The Cottages At Cabot Cove Kennebunkport, Maine