“Nice hotel in quiet surroundings”

Lodge at Turbat's Creek
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Kennebunkport
Merrick, New York
“Nice hotel in quiet surroundings”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We had a very nice stay here. Sophie, the hotel manager, was friendly and helpful as was all the staff. We enjoyed the "free" continental breakfast (offering much more than just sweet rolls and coffee) each morning, and cooled off in the pool on a hot afternoon. The hotel is in a residential area, a short distance from town, but still close to everything. The room itself was nothing special, a little dated, but very clean and spacious. It would have been nice if they offered beach chairs with the beach parking pass (for a nominal fee), but this is not a deal-breaker. The Lodge is reasonably priced with a wonderful staff and friendly guests... and we'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Schenectady, New York
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This hotel is in a perfect location, it is close to the beach and the center of town but set back to where it isn't overpopulated. My boyfriend and I stayed for seven days in July, and it was the best vacation we've had. It was easy to find, and after a long drive from New York we were warmly welcomed by the hotel staff. It is a quiet hotel, not too large, and it has a beautiful lawn with chairs and tables. It also has a heated pool which was wonderful. It was never noisy and the staff was always friendly and helpful. We were allowed to use a small grill and make burgers etc. out on the lawn and enjoy the day without having to deal with the large crowds at restaurants. It is wonderfully priced for the service and quality you are given. It is a wonderful location if you bring bikes, my boyfriend and I rode into town or to the beach to avoid traffic and parking; Absolutely perfect location!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Belle Mead, NJ
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

This is a older strip motel in a very quiet neighborhood. Was great to be out of the touristy areas. The manager could not have been nicer or more helpful. She gave us a perfect dinner reco, beaches and lighthouses to see. The free continental breakfast exceeds expectations as well. The room was a bit tired and beds were not my favorite. But it was clean and a decent value....I knew this was our "not splurge" night and was scared by the very mixed reviews of the colony hotel. Don't regret staying there.....it was a reasonable option away from tourist madness!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank awk206
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed here recently with my boyfriend, and while the weather was unfortunately awful, I couldn't have been happier with the hotel itself. We stayed in one of the room's with a king-sized bed; it was well-furnished, and the carpeting was surprisingly cushy under foot. Both the room and the bathroom were quite large - I was in particular surprised at how big the bathroom was. What I liked best, though, was that the hotel was fairly quiet and secluded. The hotel is about a mile and a half or so from downtown Kennebunkport, which may not be ideal to all, but I was very happy since it ensured a peaceful atmosphere. The hotel was also quite clean.

I did not have any of the breakfast myself, but my boyfriend was satisfied with it. I will note that there wasn't really any area to eat breakfast, so he brought it back to the room each time. I cannot really comment on the pool at all, though, as it rained every day I was there. It was set well back from the road, though, which is always a positive.

The price was extremely reasonable, particularly considering that I stayed during high season.

I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Damariscotta
UK
Reviewed July 1, 2013

It's a real pleasure to stay at a place which does what you need & does it very well. The reception team were super friendly & efficient both evening & morning. The rooms were clean & had what we wanted including fast wi-fi. The breakfast was simple but perfectly good enough to start the day, especially with fresh coffee & great outdoor seating. We even had boiling water for my wife's english tea (most US hotels please note).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chris B
Imperial Beach, California
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on our family vacation. Very clean and spacious rooms. Wonderful quiet setting. Nice warm pool surrounded by trees. Sophie at the front desk was friendly and extremely nice. All in all a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2013
green sea, sc
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Very clean, pleasant, not over-priced motel in hugely expensive Kennebunkport. You really have to be looking for this place to find it, but once you have, the look was worth it. Big back yard grassy area for our two Goldens, they could run to their hearts content. The room was much nicer than one we stayed in at Cape porpoise the previous night. More modern, more pleasant to be in, and Cheaper. We've been looking for "our " place in this area for years- I think we have found it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank warren b
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennebunkport
King's Port Inn
#1 of 5 in Kennebunkport
Rhumb Line Resort
Rhumb Line Resort
#5 of 5 in Kennebunkport

Been to Lodge at Turbat's Creek? Share your experiences!