“Excellent & a View & we walked there!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stripers Waterside Restaurant

Stripers Waterside Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Stripers Waterside Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 45 Restaurants in Kennebunkport
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Trolley Stop across the street during summer months.
Description: Stripers features local seafood on the water with a sunset view of the river and ocean, private beach, and a waterside bar. Have a drink and an appetizer in one of our adirondack chairs on our lawn, or come inside for a great meal, with plenty of options for those who would prefer an alternative to seafood.
San Clemente, California
“Excellent & a View & we walked there!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2007

We stayed at the Yachtman's lodge. Nice rooms, awesome view and walked down to Striper's for dinner. We had the most romantic dinner. The service was excellent and the meal was so amazing! Thanks to the staff and owners!

7 Thank pacificstar

Atlanta
“Just Remembering our last vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2007

In search for our annual vacation I came upon Kennebunkports page and remembered our wonderful stay at The Breakwater Inn and Spa last autumn. The onsite restaurant is called Stripers, where we had the best didning experience in town. The menu was very healthy, fun and just different. I loved the lamb carpaccio, the cod with the ravioli and the fruity bread pudding for dessert. If I could only convince my husband to come back to Maine, we would definitely stay in the same spot and eat every night at Stripers.
Thanks, Rita from Atlanta

7 Thank travelwizard04
Rhode Island
“Robust Waiter a Real Treat!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2006

In August my wife and I traveled to Maine for the weekend in hopes of a tranquill getaway. During our travel to Kennebunkport we stumbled upon a fine eating establishment with breath taking views, Stripers. We were having some difficulty choosing a wine to accompany our main course selections. When we we were greeted by a cheerful and experienced waiter named Tim. He assisted with his great knowledge of fine wines. He was very generous and attentive with his wine serving! We will most certainly be back and be requesting experienced Tim!

Todd and Marsha
Newport, Rhode Island

5 Thank people22
Napels
“More than just a pretty view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2006

My husband and I came up to visit Kennebunkport in the beginning of September. We researched hotels online and stumbled over the Breakwater Inn and Spa. We booked one of the lovely rooms with a private porch, which exceeded all our expectations. Terri, the innkeeper suggested to check out their onside Seafood Restaurant "Stripers". We had such a great evening there! Our reservation wasn't until 8pm, therefore we first went to the Piano Bar, where we enjoyed two of their very inventive signature cocktails - I never had a lavender martini before... The restaurant itself is casual, but with a sophisticated touch. My husband has a gluten allergy and I was so impressed that our waitress already knew about it before we even entered the restaurant. I only mentioned the allergy once, while making the hotel reservation two months ago. What a great communication between the front desk and restaurant staff. Homemade bread and olive oil was served promptly and for my husband they brought two different kinds of gluten-free bread!!! We were very impressed with the creative carpaccio appetizers, enjoyed one of the best lobsters ever (I loved the fact that it was already out of the shell) and I still feel sorry for my husband, that he couldn't try the amazing bread pudding I had for dessert. But he seemed quite happy with the fresh berries and Grand Marnier Sabayon. Every member of the international staff at the hotel and restaurant was very welcoming, warm and professional and made our stay memorable and special. We will be back!!!!!!!!!

5 Thank Melinda1974
boston
“fabulous perfect meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2006

Stripers was right across from the colony hotel where we were staying. We were seated at a lovely table over looking the river. I had the tuna tartare as an appetizer which was wonderful. My husband had the oysters done with five differnt garnishes which he loved. We split a toato mozzarella salad that had a wonderful icy tomato granita on top. I had the lobster which was the best lobster that I have ever eaten and I have eaten thousands of lobsters. It came with a side dish called mushy peas that were garden fresh peas mixed with butter and fresh mint and homemade french fries. My husband had the diver scallops that he loved as well. For dessert I had the sabayon made with grand marnier served over fresh raspberries and blueberries. It was an incredible dinner and the service matched how great the food was which is very rare. Don't miss out on this restaurant.

7 Thank miaboston