“Wonderful dining experience!”

Stripers Waterside Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Stripers Waterside Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 47 Restaurants in Kennebunkport
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Trolley Stop across the street during summer months.
Description: Stripers features local seafood on the water with a sunset view of the river and ocean, private beach, and a waterside bar. Have a drink and an appetizer in one of our adirondack chairs on our lawn, or come inside for a great meal, with plenty of options for those who would prefer an alternative to seafood.
Kennebunkport, Maine
“Wonderful dining experience!”
Reviewed April 19, 2008

Not having been to Stripers in many months, I was interested in trying the new spring menu. Stripers has always distinguished itself with high levels of service and spectacular food and this time was no different. My dining partner has some food challenges and a quick phone call to the restaurant manager fixed all of that in a very professional, no fuss way. The new additions to the menu, especially the "Trio" appetizer, are great. Each course was perfectly prepared and presented. The care and attention to detail are unusual. The wine list has some new choices and there many bottles that are well priced. Stripers is a place for people who really enjoy the art of food and I will continue to return.

2 Thank Hoster

Gallatin, Tennessee
“Much to Sophisticated”
Reviewed October 12, 2007

The place is much too quiet and sophisticated to have a good meal. This was the last meal on our trip, and a mistake at best. I wished that we had chosen the lobster/clam restaurant down the street, not sure of the name, but it was packed and guests looked as if they were enjoying their time and their food. The food did not match the stuffy atmosphere. It was just average. The worst part was they served Iced Tea in high ball glasses. Not everyone drinks wine with their food, but we seemed to be branded by drinking out of small glasses for the duration of our meal. You could have heard a pin drop during the meal, as it was so quiet no one wanted to talk. There was not even music to break the silence. The menu was very limited and average. It was not a meal to end our New England trip. I should have did better research, sorry mom and dad. I blew it.

2 Thank minniemoomoo
Boston, MA
“Not so good”
Reviewed August 3, 2007

My wife and I recently ate here while on vacation. The first thing we noticed was the limited menu ( Maybe 7 items) and no daily specials. The menu is not on the website, I would recommend you inquire about it before making a reservation. My wife ordered the haddock with a mustard sauce and I ordered their divers scallops. We consider ourselves adventurous diners and are not timid in trying different things (and have around the world). Sometimes different is not always good. My scallops were over cooked and rubbery. They were served on a bed of figs, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes. A Vanilla reduction was poured over the top of the dish. The flavors were so overwhelming that I could not taste the scallops at all. My wifes fish was cooked perfectly but again the mustard sauce was so overwhelming you could not taste the fish. On the upside the Martini salad was delicious and our waitress was very nice. I understand that haute cuisine comes at a price but the price should still match the quality.

1 Thank JimAndLorki
Maine
“Excellent!”
Reviewed July 7, 2007

We enjoy dining out regularly, and also enjoy a lot of seafood. One week ago, my family and I had an outstanding and memorable dinner at Stripers. Highlights of the experience were: a truly beautiful setting, impeccable and attentive service, and best of all, phenomenal food. We all enjoyed seafood - in particular the swordfish, which literally melted in my mouth! The attentive service was above and beyond most restaurants we have frequented, obviously influenced by the extraordinary level of professionalism exhibited by the restaurant manager. The staff is clearly held to very high standards, which as customers we thoroughly appreciated. On another evening we enjoyed excellent wine and wonderful fresh oysters in the bar while listening to a live pianist. Though you can do these things in other places, the amazing setting and the above and beyond service at Stripers are what truly make it stand out!

6 Thank capeporpoise96
Maine
“Stripers has it all!”
Reviewed June 15, 2007

Although there are many many outstanding restaurants in Kennebunkport, Stripers is the only one that offers: an amazing view of the water, an interesting menu focused on fish and seafood (with some alternatives too), decor which is hip and upscale (yet not too formal), top notch service, and a great wine list. Highly, highly recommend!

6 Thank flea4901