“Just average”

Bandaloop
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Tucked away on Cross Street in a re purposed old barn, in the heart of Kennebunkport, is where you will find Bandaloop's bright red doors beckoning you in. A warm, inviting, comfortable atmosphere with eclectic art and good music will complement your organic, fresh, and tasty dining experience. No pretense, just simple, friendly, and delicious!
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner here last night.

I nice funky atmosphere. Server was very friendly. A little noisy in the dinner area. Bar seemed really noisy, I don't think I would have dinner in the bar.

I had mussels as an ap. I was disappointed. They seemed not sweet. Kinda bland. I had them at another local spot the night before and they were outstanding. But the broth was tasty.

Steak was standard. But just average for the price.

Dessert was good.

Portions were good.

A nice spot, just a tad overpriced I think.

2  Thank RI_Travel_Guy

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Creative, and plates for all types of foodies. Great staff and a well thought out wine list.. I was bummed when I didn't see the risotto I enjoyed last year only to be blown away by the beet/goat cheese salad and a salmon dish made to order..

1  Thank Pete S
Reviewed January 7, 2013

They sat the 4 of us at a table right under the kitchen in the corner, it was extremely noisy, with dishes clanking and kitchen banter, and serveral times a waitress was behind me reaching over my head to get plates off a shelf. This table should be eliminated, as it spoiled what was anticpated to be a lovely dinner experience. The food was good so was the waitress.

1  Thank linda H
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We really enjoy eating at Bandeloop for the local creative menu. The staff is always attentive and great about accommodating food allergies, etc.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

The food in Bandaloop has been awesome each time we visit. I love the Walnut egg rolls, and the selection of entrees is great, without being overwhelming. Unfortunately, we rarely get to sample desert, as the starter and meal is more than enough for us.