“Delicious and unusual food...”
Review of Bandaloop

Bandaloop
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tucked away on Cross Street in a re purposed old barn, in the heart of Kennebunkport, is where you will find Bandaloop's bright red doors beckoning you in. A warm, inviting, comfortable atmosphere with eclectic art and good music will complement your organic, fresh, and tasty dining experience. No pretense, just simple, friendly, and delicious!
Hastings on Hudson, New York
“Delicious and unusual food...”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

This was our second meal at Bandaloop during our annual vacation week in Kennebunkport, and once again, had wonderful meal. The mussels were amazing--steamed in a sauce of garlic, cream and a hint of Djon; my husband had a tempeh dish that he raved about. The brownie dessert was sublime-- it was made with bittersweet chocolate that was silky and heavenly, and I had great coffee. Friendly and attentive service-- you can be sure we'll be back next year!

1 Thank KathyWestchester

Wells, Maine
“Definitely worth a look see”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Had a 630 reservation, and came almost a half hour late and was seated almost immediately, without a problem on a busy night.
We absolutely loved the Chicken Satay, it had two sauces, a peanut, and a Pistachio pesto, the sauces where very complimentary, and the texture of the pesto was really interesting, very good dish, I am wishing I had some right now.
I got the Delmonico, and my date got the Scallops, we both loved our meals, I thought my steak was under seasoned, but my friend thought I was nuts, I am a little bothered by allergies, and think that this time of year sometimes
The menu seemed to need a little direction, they led with an offering of Cajun Salmon on the entree menu and some kind of fudge brownie dish on the dessert menu, both where probably excellent, but sounded like they belonged on a different menu.
Our server, and the beer and wine selection where excellent.

Vaughan, Canada
“Nice organic vegetarian selections”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband and I visited this restaurant specifically because of their organic vegetarian selection. We had made reservations the previous day for 8pm the following night and we were lucky to get a seat! And a wonderful romantic corner table it was! Dress is business casual fun and the place was busy! I ordered the beet salad which was not too "beety" and the Tempeh entree which was a wonderful first time experience! My husband had the generous kale salad and the massive tofu steak! All wonderful! For dessert we had the highly recommended carrot cake and cream brulee. Both delicious! The meal with predinner drinks and bottle of wine came to under $140 for 2 people. Very reasonable for the quality you get. Server Elizabeth was awesome and entertaining as she randomly kept offering things not on the actual menu! Baked potato.....HA! ;) Would love to be served by her again! Keep up the great restaurant!

1 Thank Bemti
Boston, Massachusetts
“Fantastic and creative”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Amid the typical New England fare of traditional Kennebunkport, Bandaloop stands out for its unique menu and fun, casual atmosphere. Our waitress made a point of securing the last peach gazpacho soup for us -- and it was fantastic, unlike anything else I've ever eaten. If you've grown tired of lobster, streak and the other Kennebunkport traditional menus, stop by Bandaloop.

Visited August 2012
Wells, Maine
“First Visit”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Went for the first time and loved it. Sat at the bar and the setting was so relaxing....Went for a benefit that took place later in the evening but truly enjoyed my spinach salad and a Cold River Blueberry straight up! Jodi was very attentive and made the evening very enjoyable...I will definately be back!