“Excellent food and fantastic ocean views!”

Ocean Cape Arundel Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Ocean Cape Arundel Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: If you’ve ever dined on a luxury ocean liner, you know: Water all around piques your appetite, invites you to slow down and enthralls throughout a meal like no other show on earth. And if you haven’t, that experience awaits at the Cape Arundel Inn & Resort’s glass-walled, waterfront, fine dining restaurant: Ocean. Memorable evenings at Ocean begin with cocktails, like our Maine maple syrup-sweetened Amber Sky, on the inn’s relaxing front porch or at the bar. Continue your culinary journey in the dining room, where every table has a view of the frothy blue sea. Chef Pierre Gignac’s creative menus change with the seasons, showcasing not only Maine-caught seafood in signature dishes like Lobster Thermidor, but the best of what is grown, raised and produced locally. His eye-pleasing creations take inspiration, too, from across the Atlantic. Expect the familiar flavors of southern France and the Mediterranean with intriguing new twists, plus an international selection of wines.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Wow! You must try this one!! Chef Pierre (formally of 98 Provence) is now the new chef!!! The food is absolutely fantastic! Try the Seafood Tower for starters and if you are lucky - the Rainbow Trout with fresh peas and pearl onions! Lots of choices to choose from - seafood, veal, lamb and beef! Desserts are presented beautifully and taste even better!! Be sure to make a reservation as the restaurant is small. Be sure to make an earlier reservation so that you can enjoy the fabulous ocean views!!

Maurice M, Manager at Ocean Cape Arundel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Pierre's food is, as you put it, absolutely fantastic! I'm so pleased that you agree. We ran the rainbow trout as a special the night you dined with us, and I agree, it was superb. Thank you very much for your compliments. We welcome you back any time!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The menu has a good variety; the chef, Pierre, is excellent; our server Devin was excellent. A delicious meal.

We're so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your dinner at Ocean. I must agree that Pierre is an excellent chef. We look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

My partner and I have been frequent visitors to Cape Arundel and 98 Provence for many years. Upon our recent visit with friends we were sadly disappointed. The portions were small and when you spend $30 to $38 for an entree you do not expect to be hungry when you are done eating. My partner and our friends were happy with the way the food was prepared for the most part except for the size. My swordfish however was dry. The service was not great either. We have been used to great service and fabulous food from both Cape Arundel and 98 Provence over the years which made it all the more disappointing. Sadly we will not be returning.
Robin
Kennebunk

3  Thank Robin W
Maurice M, Manager at Ocean Cape Arundel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are extremely disappointed that we have not met your expectations with our service. We will persue our work to better ourselves in serving our guests. Our prices reflect the standards of quality of both our products and efforts to produce the food to our clientele.
We hope you might join us again. Thank you, the team at Ocean.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Nothing to dislike. What a wonderful dinner. The food was great and the service was spot on. This is a great place to eat, but make sure you make reservations. The place fills quickly.

Maurice M, Manager at Ocean Cape Arundel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Thank you very much to take the time do respond. We are so delighted that you enjoyed your experience at Ocean.You are right the dining room does fill up quickly especially coming into the busy season.
Looking forward to having you again as our guests, thank you.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband and I were searching for a romantic restaurant to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary - and this place was perfect! We highly recommend arriving early to have a drink and relax on the beautiful front porch overlooking the ocean. We were seated at a table with a view ... although I think every table in the restaurant has that beautiful ocean view. Our meals were amazing, and the staff were warm and friendly. The evening was exactly how I hoped it would be!

Maurice M, Manager at Ocean Cape Arundel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

I know that I could sit on the porch all day! I'm happy to hear that we could fulfill your hopes for your 30th anniversary, and I welcome you back any time.