“Drinks on the porch, overlooking the ocean, good food and service”

Ocean Cape Arundel Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Ocean Cape Arundel Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: If you’ve ever dined on a luxury ocean liner, you know: Water all around piques your appetite, invites you to slow down and enthralls throughout a meal like no other show on earth. And if you haven’t, that experience awaits at the Cape Arundel Inn & Resort’s glass-walled, waterfront, fine dining restaurant: Ocean. Memorable evenings at Ocean begin with cocktails, like our Maine maple syrup-sweetened Amber Sky, on the inn’s relaxing front porch or at the bar. Continue your culinary journey in the dining room, where every table has a view of the frothy blue sea. Chef Pierre Gignac’s creative menus change with the seasons, showcasing not only Maine-caught seafood in signature dishes like Lobster Thermidor, but the best of what is grown, raised and produced locally. His eye-pleasing creations take inspiration, too, from across the Atlantic. Expect the familiar flavors of southern France and the Mediterranean with intriguing new twists, plus an international selection of wines.
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Need Reservations in season, The porch is great for drinks, snacks and view. New owners eager to please. Very nice presentation. Our dinners were good. Service too. Some entrees can be pricey.Great iew from some tables too.

Reviewed September 10, 2011

My wife & I celebrated our 31st wedding anniversary with a very enjoyable dinner at the Cape Arundel Inn on September 6th. The atmosphere is very cozy, with a great view of the ocean. Our waiter John was attentive to our needs without being disruptive. His wine suggestions were very helpful. We began by splitting the Point Arundel salad which was fresh and flavorful. My wife had the panko crusted scrod which she thought was fantastic. I had the grilled Colorado prime sirloin with shaved asparagas and crumbled blue cheese. It was not the best sirloin I have had, but it was very good. We finished with coffee and a chocolate tort that was simply decadent. All and all, it was one the highlights of our stay in Kennebunkport, the other being our fine lodgings at the nearby Captain Lord Mansion, just a few miles down Ocean Avenue. Be sure to bring plenty of cash though, as you will easily drop a couple of hundred.

Reviewed September 8, 2011

We ate dinner at the Cape Arundel Inn over Labor Day weekend. The setting is beautiful and the restaurant is roomy and has nice ambiance. The owner greeted us with great gusto and welcomed us to have drinks on the porch before dinner. This was relaxing and soothing. It was a bit chilly on the porch and the owner provided us with a comfy blanket, a nice touch. We started dinner with appetizers that were excellent. Unfortunately, both our main courses were totally uninspired and blah. This was quite disappointing. I must note that perhaps this was an off night and another go around might produce a better impression.

Reviewed September 7, 2011

My friend and I recently visited Kennebunkport and immediately heard from the locals that the Cape Arundel Inn was the place to go! We ate at several restaurants in town the first few days and decided to save our meal at the Cape Ardunel for the last night. Our meal at the Cape Arundel was BY FAR my favorite!!! Everything was fabulous! The restaurant is part of a quaint and charming bed and breakfast overlooking the ocean. My friend and I arrived early to enjoy cocktails on the front porch. The view was incredible and the drinks were great! The new owner even brought out blankets!

Inside, the living room was beautiful! The artwork was stunning and the old world charm matched the breathtaking ocean views! The staff was so welcoming and friendly, we both immediately felt right at home.

The dining room was intimate and gorgeous. The combination of the artwork, the lighting and the piano worked together in perfect harmony to create the perfect backdrop for an incredible evening. Our server, Mark, was fantastic and right on point! He was happy to answer questions, made some great recommendations and was always available but didn't hover over us or make us feel rushed. The meal was timed perfectly!

I started with the tomato salad special and my friend had the grilled romaine salad- both were wonderful and incredibly fresh! For the "Maine Course", I had the scallop and fillet special and my friend had the lobster in a whiskey and wild mushroom beurre blanc, both were incredible! For dessert we split the profiterole. It was the perfect end to an absolutely delicious meal!

If you're ever anywhere even remotely near Kennebunkport, don't miss the opportunity to dine at the Cape Arundel Inn! It was truly an amazing dining experience that I will remember for years to come!

Reviewed August 29, 2011

I have always this restaurant. The Inn itself is the quintessential Maine "cottage". Under new ownership this year, the CAI is better than ever. The service and food been stepped up a notch or two and the grounds and building subtly but beautifully spruced up. The porch facing the beautiful Maine coast is the perfect place for pre or post dinner drinks.

1  Thank IggyNYC