“David's KPT is a hit” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of David's KPT

David's KPT
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Contemporary, Soups
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Acclaimed Portland chef, David Turin, opened David's KPT in spring of 2013, offering the creative, contemporary cuisine he's known for. Menu items showcase native Maine ingredients with a tastefully creative flair. Featuring outdoor dining, two vibrant bars and Kennebunkport's only Raw Bar, David's KPT has quickly become a fast favorite of locals and guests alike. David's KPT is open seven days a week for lunch, dinner and happy hour, and does not take reservations.
“David's KPT is a hit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014

sitting at the bar or on the generous deck you have incredible views of the Kennebunkport River with 11 ft high windows and an understated sophisticated take on nautical themes.

Visited August 2014
DavidsKPTGM, General Manager at David's KPT, responded to this review, October 24, 2014
Hi Girlsingr! Thank you so much for the great review! We've always thought David's was a hit, but it's good have people let us know they think so as well. You are right, the views out our floor to ceiling windows of the Kennebunk River are amazing. They can't be beat! The food is good too! Make sure you stop in and see us again, the next time you are in town.

207.967.8225

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Chicago, Illinois
“Exceptional Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014

Ideally located on the river the views are fantastic. The food is good and just short of great. The large negative would be the wait staff. The waitress wasn't remotely polite or engaging. We found ourselves navigating the menu ourselves and pouring our own wine - Both a bit unusual.

Food and views are worth the stop; Just hope you find yourself with a better waitress.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DavidsKPTGM, General Manager at David's KPT, responded to this review, October 19, 2014
Hi Frequent Traveler. We appreciate your taking the time to tell us about your visit. The views at David's are fantastic. Our wrap around deck offers views of the Kennebunk River that are great even when the weather is less than perfect. Thank you for your kind words about the food. David tries to provide a menu that offers something for everyone, even the pickiest of eaters. I'm sorry to hear that your found your server not engaging. I promise you this is not usually the case, however I've spoken to my staff about your comments so to alleviate anyone thinking this in the future. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in from Chicago!

NJ
“great food and great views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

Lunch was very good. Garlic knots to start. My husband at the pork tenderloin while I had scallops and shrimp. Everything was delicious and the service was also great.

Visited August 2014
DavidsKPTGM, General Manager at David's KPT, responded to this review, October 17, 2014
Hi Mval23. Thanks for the review. We always like hearing from our guesting especially when they have such great things to say. David's house made garlic knots are always a winner. You just have to be careful not to fill up on them before you meal is delivered. The pork tenderloin is comfort food at it's best as you discovered. We can't wait to see you on your next visit to Maine.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“So disappointed after a great visit previously!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

I visited David's KPT when it first opened in 2013. I absolutely loved it, the location is fantastic its beautiful down by the water and the bar area is lovely. I enjoyed fantastic food, service and overall experience and was excited to visit again when i returned to Maine this summer.

However, i was extremely disappointed when i returned this year.
We visited on a friday night and called ahead at around 7.30pm to be advised that there wasn't going to be a table until 9'oclock. This wasn't a problem for us as we enjoy going out later in the evening and were happy to enjoy drinks before we sat down at around 9.15pm.

We were a party of 6 and seated at a table that was quite clearly for 4 with two chairs on the end. This usually wouldn't bother me too much but when we were spending $500 on a meal i expect a bit more than being seated like this.

The waiter was at first extremely friendly and professional and was fine in meeting all our needs.
However two members of our party were drinking two different red wines by the glass. When we ordered two additional glasses the waiter brought them over and served one of our party their glass. However i was quite astonished to notice that he poured the remainder of wine that my friend was still drinking into the fresh glass. I have never seen this done in any level of restaurant before and it really isn't a way to served wine, or remotely a polite way of serving people, even if the waiter only had the intention of clearing space on the table. We then realised that the waiter had actually given my friends the wrong wine and therefore mixed two different wines in one glass, not great (and a key reason you wouldn't poor a fresh glass of wine into dregs in the first place)

After we had finished our entrees, at around 10.15pm the waiter offered us dessert and quickly gave us menus. It was clear at this point he was trying to hurry us along. We ordered dessert and it was brought out with extreme haste. I was then shocked to see the waiter, immediately after putting our desserts down, shuv the cheque under one of my friends elbows stating "ill leave this with you now."
I found this incredibly rude and as someone who has worked in the hospitality industry before, a complete no no. We proceeded to eat our desserts in our own time and paid the bill and left.
I feel this was a complete disgrace and extremely disrespectful to a large party that will be spending a fair amount of money. If the restaurant and its staff were not happy to have people in the restaurant after 10.30pm then that is fine and a policy they have every right to have. However if you take a booking for a party of 6 at 9pm and proceed to try to rush them through their meal in order to take a bit more money, then this is completely disappointing and would discourage me from visiting again.

I have enjoyed visiting some of the sister restaurants, Earth and Tides, where i have had fantastic service and a great experience. However i was extremely disappointed after this visit to David's and will not plan to spend my money here again.

• Visited August 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank ChloeGW
DavidsKPTGM, General Manager at David's KPT, responded to this review, October 13, 2014
Chloe, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent trip to David's KPT. I was sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your return visit. We strive to provide nothing but the utmost professional service, which is efficient, thorough and pleasing to the guest. It's clear that in your case we failed to meet that standard. I would like to apologize that you felt rushed by your server at the end of the night. I assure you that we never want any of our guests to feel unwelcome whether it's the first table of the day or the last one of the evening. We have addressed this with all of our staff since your posting and it will not be the case again. We have also addressed the issue you brought up with the wine and the glass. You are absolutely right. A server should never pour the remaining wine into a new glass. This also will not happen again.

I do hope that when you are next in Maine that you try us again. You will find that as a company, we are continuously working to make the experience better for our guests and I that you would discover that we have made changes based on your review to improve our service standards.

San Antonio, Texas
“Lobster & Steak Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

Had a very nice lunch here. Try the Lobster & Steak pizza....delish! Aklso loved their Clam Chowder.....it is very different but good.

Visited August 2014
DavidsKPTGM, General Manager at David's KPT, responded to this review, October 12, 2014
Hi KittyJane! Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your lunch at David's. We love getting reviews like yours. I'm glad you enjoyed our clam chowder which is a twist on a classic. And you are right our Steak and Lobster Pizza is "delish!" Be sure to stop in again next time you are up from Texas!