“Never again!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mabel's Lobster Claw

Mabel's Lobster Claw
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a family owned seafood restaurant opened 11:30am to 9pm!
London, United Kingdom
“Never again!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2010

My friend and I ordered the lobster roll for dinner. At a cost of $19 I thought it must be worth the cost. We were in Kennebunkport after all. What a colossal mistake. I must first say that my friend did enjoy his lobster roll. I on the other hand could not finish mine. It had a very funny after taste and no favor. As soon as I left the restaurant I felt sick. I feel quite certain that the lobster roll was the culprit of the food poisoning I experienced that night! I will never waste my time and money eating there again. I don't think I will be able to look at lobster roll for sometime!!

1 Thank indigogo

Tennessee
“Maine lobster with a zip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2010

We've been coming to Kennebunk Beach for many years and this is the first time we've eaten here... what a waste of so many years! Everything was fantastic and the "former bond trader" waiter made excellent suggestions that made this a very special meal. A little difficult to park but worth the effort. A menu with surprises and the cozy dining make this a restaurant in Kennebunkport not to miss... I wish I had eaten here years ago !!!!

New Hampshire
“Over Rated and Over Priced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2010

I don't know why everyone loves this place! Yes, the food is really good, but you can get really good seafood anywhere in Kennebunkport! This is our second time there, but I can now say, I will not go back again. The service, prices and most of all the atmosphere are terrible. It is so small, crowded, and hot inside. Outside you are sitting on the road surrounded by a plastic tarp. Not enjoyable at all. There is no bar to sit at and have a drink while you are waiting for a table. When we did get a table, we waited forever to be served, and even longer for our check at the end of the meal, that we actually had to get up and find someone so we could pay. If you eat at Mables, get it to go!

1 Thank TripperNewHampshire
Virginia
“A good pick for dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2010

Dinner at Mabel's was great. My wife raved about her lobster Savannah. Be sure to save room for pie afterwards.

1 Thank brijjack
Hartford, Connecticut
“Good entrees, sides and drinks need improvement”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2010

We went to Mabel's due to all the hype in the guidebooks/around town. Our service was fine, and I kind of like the homey feel of the restaurant. Our entrees (baked sole stuffed with crab, and the seafood newburg) were quite good, and the clam chowder was delicious. Prices might be a bit steep, but at least the main dishes were good. The sides, however, are not so good. I had a side salad which amounted to some lettuce and a couple croutons, and the beets, which I believe came from a can. My boyfriend ordered a lemonade which turned out to be that Crystal Lite garbage. Clam Shack manages to make lemonade with just a lemon, water and sugar, and it's delicious! My chocolate milk was also the stir-in variety and not terribly good. I wanted to give it 3.5 stars but apparently I can't!