“The Quintessential Maine Seafood Spot”

Mabel's Lobster Claw
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are a family owned seafood restaurant opened 11:30am to 9pm!
Reviewed June 4, 2010

Great place for Maine Lobster and other seafood. Staff is attentive and friendly. Ambiance is casual. Clearly a place for locals as well as tourists.

There are newer reviews for Mabel's Lobster Claw

Reviewed May 31, 2010

Had lunch at Mabel's with my sister and brother-in-law on 05/20/10. I had done a lot of research on restaurants in Kennebunkport and Ogunquit prior to our long weekend there. Mabel's was a must on our list due to the positive reviews plus the blogs that stated President Bush and Rachel Ray had dined there. Needless to say, it did not disappoint. We dined on the patio as the weather was incredible. We started off with the homemade onion rings. They were some of the best, if not the best, homemade onion rings I have ever eaten. It was a large portion, perfect amount for the three of us. They were hot out of the fryer and not the least bit greasy. My sister ordered the half crab/half lobster salad (see pic). Fresh crab and lobster meat with just enough mayo to coat the crab/lobster. Along with the salad, came a large serving of french fries and a small cup of coleslaw. Next my brother-in-law and I ordered the "Lobster Savannah." Mind you we ordered the 2lb. lobster since we were sharing. The "Savannah" was the "BOMB!" (see pic) It was a split 2lb. lobster stuffed with shrimp, scallops and mushrooms in a Newburg sauce with melted provolone cheese on top! YUMMMMMM! To top off the meal, the three of us split a delicious slice of fresh blueberry pie with a side of ice cream.

In summary, Mabel's Lobster Claw was our favorite restaurant during our four night stay in Kennebunkport and Ogunquit. Highly recommended for those who love fresh seafood.

Reviewed May 30, 2010

Walked from the Colony Hotel to have lunch here with two other colleagues. Wooden benches at booths...each with a window or eat at tables outside. If you've been to an eat-in crabshack, this is about the same decor. The people were very nice. This was the weekend before Memorial Day weekend, so there aren't as many people around. I had mussels...shouldn't eat in ME after April because they aren't as big and sweet, but they were fine. Salads were fine with no iceberg lettuce. Just a nice little eatery for lunch...it's not fancy. Price is fine.

Reviewed May 25, 2010

THe lobster fra diavolo was not edible because the sauce was not ready, this was still served with no warning. When the meal was replaced I was eating minutes after the rest of my party. Nothing was done to make up for this problem from the kitchen . The waitress did not offer any help. when the food is on it is great so we know the difference. my partner ordered the lobster special of the day without being warned of the price. A 53 dollar lobster is a little excessive.

Reviewed April 9, 2010

First of all, this was the first lobster roll I'd ever eaten so I don't really know if it was good or not cause I've got nothing to compare it to. That said, the lobster itself was excellent and the staff was friendly. We were traveling off-season and walked right in and sat down. Retro atmosphere that I enjoy. Served right away. Now the lobster roll was really a piece of white bread folded in half with a lettuce leaf. Is that all there is to it? I had higher expectations. Like a toasted bun and maybe some seasoning or something. At $19.00 a roll I felt like it was a lot for what I got. Don't take my word for it though.