“The place for seafood”

Mabel's Lobster Claw
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are a family owned seafood restaurant opened 11:30am to 9pm!
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Limited seating so call for reservations. The weather was pleasant so we sat outside. My wife and I both had Maine lobsters which were excellent. Our waitress confided that the Bush's eat there sometimes. I can see why. It's a good place.

1  Thank Rodger K
Write a ReviewReviews (1,356)

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Just the best for fresh lobster! We had this awesome lobster special that they call Lobster Milanese--the Lobster is split down the center, baked with some garlic and about 8 shrimp. I can't really explain it but it was just delicious! We also had a 2 pound steamed lobster that was great. We also tried their fried clams--Yum! And their New England clam chowder was among the best we've ever had! Other dishes that we tried (pasta with shrimp scampi) were not as good and we didn't try the desserts, which are supposed to be great. Just stick with the classics and you can't go wrong!

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Went here for a business lunch, as our local client recommended it as one of George H.W. Bush's favorites. Lobster rolls, chowder, and the broiled stuffed lobster was all absolutely fantastic. Friendly cozy decor with excellent food, this one is definately worth a visit.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Despite the abrasive hostess there is a warm staff that serves up fresh and decent seafood. Nothing fancy, just straight forward seafood shack fare, steamers, lobster and well priced wines by the glass. I've had better chowder elsewhere as Mabel's is a bit paltry with the clam pieces and potatoes, but otherwise no complaints. Tip - they do take reservations so call ahead and make one.

1  Thank OysterLove
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

We had lunch here on the recommendation of the locals. It's a small place, we were able to sit outside on the porch to eat. The lobster roll is expensive ($20) but the best I've had in Maine. The cole slaw and fries were really good too. Sine lunch was outstanding, I decided to try the blueberry pie. It was ok. The bottom of the pie was a solid layer of sugar. I love sweets, but it was too much for me.
My daughters liked the burgers, but they were expensive too.