“Great Lobster Rolls”

Mabel's Lobster Claw
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are a family owned seafood restaurant opened 11:30am to 9pm!
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Great Lobster Rolls”
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

We stopped at this restaurant for lunch. The lobster rolls are excellent - perhaps the best we've ever had. The service was very good and the quaint location was good fun. Highly recommended if you are looking for a great lobster roll.

Golden, Colorado
“OMG....outrageously good”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I am almost afraid to review Mabel's because I cannot stand the thought of this amazing place being over-run and lose its local rough-edged charm, but as a favor to humanity, I will share. As a pescatarian (I do not eat land animals) for over 10 years, I have eaten my share of seafood and fish, and have done so all over the country. You gotta pack a big lunch to catch my attention this hard because this ain't my first rodeo, but Mabel's certainly has. Ok, so it isn't fair to some seafood shack in the Midwest that they can't walk down the street to get what was fresh caught that day, but who said life is fair?

Having again driven out of my way in search of a memorable meal. I took a detour when driving between Boston and Portland, and this was so worth the trip that I will figure out a way to get back before the season closes. And if I ever am in the position to request a last meal, I now know where it will be from.

Who knew I could get a great Manhattan at a small fish joint while I waited for my first course of steamed clams, so fresh and sweet and briny it puts most others (like anything more than 20 miles from the coast) to shame. They didn't need to be drowned in seasonings, garlic, or butter. The freshness and perfect cooking, with just light seasoning made them simple yet delightful. However, there were other items on the appetizer menu that were certainly as tempting. When my Lobster Savannah arrived, I didn't know whether to eat it or just stare in wonder, and after the first bite, I knew there was a God. OMG. The amount of seafood and lobster was generous, and for the first time in a long, long time, I feel I really got my money's worth. I could close my eye and point to anything fishy on the menu and be content, but if you are here, indulge in one of their lobster dishes.

The place is small so talking to a neighbor inches away isn't as crazy as it sounds. My neighbor's salmon and lobster looked as good as mine, and the folks net to them had lobster stew that looked fabulous. The table celebrating a birthday a few feet away had a seafood feast that should have been on the cover of a magazine. The kitchen did not use an overly heavy hand with seasoning, but instead coaches and balances the flavors of the sinfully fresh ingredients they are so lucky to have to work with.

Dare I forget to mention the homemade pies? I had raspberry to go (for tomorrow, of course) but I did indulge in a spoonful on the way back to my hotel. Plan to leave room, that's all I will say about that.

So I ate enough to put a truck driver to shame, and am totally unrepentant. Just do yourself a favor. Come to Mabel's.

ST louis
“Good Food”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We have been to Mabel's many times over the years and it is always delicious. The lobsters are great, the blueberry bread and pie are outstanding. Enjoy

Visited August 2013
Williamsburg, Virginia, United States
“Quaint atmosphere and great lobster rolls!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Three of us had lunch at Mabel's Lobster Claw during mid-week in August and, while busy, we were seated on the porch immediately. The lobster roll was memorable, as was the clam chowder, and the server was cheerful and attentive. We were too full for the home made fruit pies, but I was told they are not to be missed. Next time! Highly recommend!

Louisville, Kentucky
“One of the best in Kennebunkport”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had lunch at Mabel's today, August 24, 2013. The food is fantastic, and they live up to their name. The lobster roll is one of the best I've had from Boston to Maine. My wife had the lobster scampi and it was full of lobster and cooked perfectly. The service was great and the prices are fair. We will definitely return in the future.

Visited August 2013