“Beware of undercooked burger”

Hurricane Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Hurricane Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 60 Restaurants in Kennebunkport
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Sitting over the Kennebunk River in the Kennebunkport neighborhood of Dock Square. Hurricane Restaurant offers the freshest local seafood,locally grown produce and the finest of prime meats available in the market daily. Our Chef and Pastry Chef write our menus each day based on what is the freshest and finest product. Our wine list offers over 130 plus selections by the bottle with almost 60 available by the glass and has won Wine Spectator awards for over 15 years in a row. Our service is casual with our priorities being complete guest satisfaction. Please join us soon to enjoy our wonderful food and beverages and well as our spectacular water views.
Reviewed October 9, 2017

We went there for a quick lunch, this place was crowded,. There was a warning on the menu saying that undercooked meat could be dangerous. In Canada no one asked "how do you want it" because we all know that under cook ground beef is hazardous. Unfortunately the burger was delivered to me medium. I should have ask for a lobster roll...

Write a ReviewReviews (1,173)

Reviewed October 8, 2017

We just went in for a quick drink. Bartender was very friendly. Very expensive and the bar menu was skimpy. No option for appetizers/quick snack, only full meals at the bar.

Reviewed October 5, 2017

We had made the reservation and were looking forward to being there and we weren't disappointed....we weren't overwhelmed but....we weren't disappointed either. We started off with a shared plate of crab cakes that was quite good and probably some of the best I've had in a while....
My partner had a salad with salmon which he really enjoyed as it was chock filled with nuts, cheese and whatever else...lol. He said he would have it again.
I had a burger with lobster on top! I was SO surprised to see that on the menu and no, I couldn't do it. I scraped the lobster off and ate it that way otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to taste it. The burger was really good and the lobster was great on the side. The french fries were a bit soggy and OK.
No dessert...
We would go back

Reviewed October 5, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went on a family trip with our six year old daughter to kennebunkport. We looked at reviews for this restaurant and decided to go here for a quick lunch. That ended up being a bad idea they just started getting packed when we got there. I wish I would have looked better to find this place was not kid friendly at all. They have no kids menu so I had to order her a salad that was way overpriced. The food wasn't bad but definitely not worth the high prices for the food and the hour wait for it to come out.

1  Thank spw66713
Reviewed October 5, 2017

We stopped here for lunch. I ordered the lobster cob salad $24 because it looked great at the table next to ours. When mine came it was missing some of the ingredients, and was basically lettuce two tomatos and sliced eggs and about two tablespoons of tasteless lobster. The two crab cakes I ordered for $15 were the size of a half dollar coin. My husband said his lobster bisque was good. This is and expensive place, skip it.

1  Thank Traveldiive