“Upscale good food, view and service”

Hurricane Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Hurricane Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Sitting over the Kennebunk River in the Kennebunkport neighborhood of Dock Square. Hurricane Restaurant offers the freshest local seafood,locally grown produce and the finest of prime meats available in the market daily. Our Chef and Pastry Chef write our menus each day based on what is the freshest and finest product. Our wine list offers over 130 plus selections by the bottle with almost 60 available by the glass and has won Wine Spectator awards for over 15 years in a row. Our service is casual with our priorities being complete guest satisfaction. Please join us soon to enjoy our wonderful food and beverages and well as our spectacular water views.
Reviewed July 25, 2014

This restaurant has very good food and service and a nice view, but I feel it is a bit overpriced. I had the baked stuffed lobster which was $50. This was the most expensive item on the menu. My daughter had shrimp scampi with pasta which she said was very good. I had the baked stuffed lobster here before and remembered the stuffing as being loaded with shrimp and crab and being delicious. I do not know if they are using a new recipe, but I was not as happy with it this time and found very little crab or shrimp in it. They also put scallops on top. I usually love scallops and did not care for these for some reason. I am glad we went. We had a nice time but, although I would go back here, it is not at the top of my list of restaurants I want to go to again.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

We ate here in July 2014. We shared both a Lobster Chowder and a Five Onion soup - so we could both taste them. My husband got the stuffed lobster - I got a seafood stew that included a 1/2 lobster. Both were wonderful. Blueberry pie for dessert!! Everything was delicious - service was good. We started with cocktails and asked for our food to come out slowly. Our server was wonderful. We had a relaxing, delicious meal.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a very good meal here; good enough in fact we went back a second night. Like all restaurants in popular tourist area, make reservation or expect to wait or select dinner time accordingly. We stopped at Hurricane approx 7:30 and were able to get a seat at the bar (our preference). The bar staff was attentive, friendly and helpful with the menu. We started with the potatoe lobster cakes, very good. My wife had the lobster Cobb salad and. I had the grilled diver scallops. Both meals were excellent. Scallops were large, cooked perfectly, nicely seasoned and juicy; delicious. As I mentioned, we went back a second nite and my wife had the scallops and I had the porkchop and again both were delicious. The prices as as to be expected for the food location. Cocktails were also very good and generous. My only negative comment is on the limited draft beer selection. Not a big teal for me but may be for some. Would definitely go back to this restaurant.

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Very attentive waiter with friendly demeanor. Lobster chowder is not to be missed. Creamy, tangy, lots of lobster. Foie gras also super. Several flavors make this starter special - grilled watermelon, feta, fresh herbs, pita. Great setting on Kennebunkport river.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Fortunately Hurricane takes reservations because their food is so delicious. We actually got seated early. Other than our waiter being a little disappointed that we did not order wine or alcohol, the service was first rate. Highly recommend the seafood stew any lobster.

1  Thank JimmyMD