“Awesome...simply awesome”

Hurricane Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Sitting over the Kennebunk River in the Kennebunkport neighborhood of Dock Square. Hurricane Restaurant offers the freshest local seafood,locally grown produce and the finest of prime meats available in the market daily. Our Chef and Pastry Chef write our menus each day based on what is the freshest and finest product. Our wine list offers over 130 plus selections by the bottle with almost 60 available by the glass and has won Wine Spectator awards for over 15 years in a row. Our service is casual with our priorities being complete guest satisfaction. Please join us soon to enjoy our wonderful food and beverages and well as our spectacular water views.
Sterling, Massachusetts
“Awesome...simply awesome”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Had such a wonderful time here... everything was just right!
Seated by the water during Prelude! Food and beverages were WONDERFUL. Everything Awesome.... A must go to!

Visited December 2012

“Great view, great wine, Food Pretty good”
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Wine Spectator award winning wine list; great views. Food is pretty good, 2nd best in Kennebunkport behind Arundel Wharf

Williston, Vermont
“Nice and relaxing ..”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

great place for a nice quiet dinner. will definitely go back. So hard to get everywhere, but nice when there are places that are a guaranteed good time.

Visited August 2013
New Jersey
“Why So Popular?”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I really wanted to give Hurricane a better rating, but we simply didn't have a great experience. My husband and I just ate dinner here, and came to Hurricane based on the good Trip Advisor ratings. We had drinks at the bar, which were good, while we waited for our table. My husband and I had the oysters rockefeller, clams casino, and beef carpaccio for an appetizer. Sadly, none of the appetezer were above average.

Unfortunately, our service went downhill after our average appetizers were served. At this point, a drunk group was seated next to us. They were annoying and rowdy, but not quite distracting enough to be asked to leave. Of course, I don't blame Hurricane for the annoying guests, but it didn't make for a pleasant experience, and they wound up monopolozing most of our waitress' time.

My husband ordered a steak which was covered in butter, and I ordered the seafood casserole. Both were slightlyt below average. The seafood casserole didn't have much flavor and my husband's steak was just okay. Plus, it was undercooked a bit. I was interested in dessert, but because our experience was already lacking, we decided to leave.

Overall, both the food and the service were below average to average. On a positive note, the restaurant and bar area is nice, and we sat next to a window during dinner for a nice view until the sun went down. I know many people enjoy this restaurant, so maybe we were there on an off night; however, we won't be back.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
“Great food and views”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We went Monday before 6:30 and my wife decided to take advantage of the price fix specials (which were a good deal). Her chicken dish was great as were the Ceasar salad and creme brulee. I had the Mediterranean seafood stew which included half a lobster, mussels and clams. Food was excellent as was the service. The wine list had a nice assortment of whites and reds by the glass and I thought the prices were very reasonable. The sunset was spectacular and we had the perfect view over looking the river. This is a very lovely restaurant; perfect for a date night.