“Terrific Lobster Chowder”

Hurricane Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Hurricane Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Sitting over the Kennebunk River in the Kennebunkport neighborhood of Dock Square. Hurricane Restaurant offers the freshest local seafood,locally grown produce and the finest of prime meats available in the market daily. Our Chef and Pastry Chef write our menus each day based on what is the freshest and finest product. Our wine list offers over 130 plus selections by the bottle with almost 60 available by the glass and has won Wine Spectator awards for over 15 years in a row. Our service is casual with our priorities being complete guest satisfaction. Please join us soon to enjoy our wonderful food and beverages and well as our spectacular water views.
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful lunch here. We each had the lobster chowder, probably could have shared a bowl since it was a sizeable portion. We also shared the hot crab sandwich which was delicious. We had a table with a view of the water, very nice ambience. Overall, a perfect spot for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I went here while on vacation to have lunch as a solo diner. The restaurant was very busy and loud and diners were packed in pretty tight. I was seated at a small table next to the service area and my server greeted me right away to take my drink order. She came right back with my drink and took my order. While waiting I noticed large portions of food being served and people all around me that seemed to be enjoying their food.
My order finally arrived and was not how I ordered it, my burger was way overdone. I would have returned it if only my server had come back to check on me.
When she finally did come back she could see that I had not eaten most of it. By this time I wasn't in the mood to send it back and wait for another.
If I did go back I would be more inclined to order the seafood or the chowder that looked real good.
Just a bad experience for me but I wouldn't write this place off.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Recommended by Liz (Inn at English Meadows). Food and service was oustanding and the waitress recommendation of the dessert special of Pumpkin trio topped off the dinner.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Same lobster stew they used to serve at Hurricane in Ogunquit. Excellent. nice views if you can get a table in the back of restaurant. We had to sit in the bar. Wonderful restaurant, great cesar salads.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Wonderful dinner, great food and great atmosphere. Service was beyond sub par, but the food made up for it (also I was not super hungry so not as upset with the long wait for the food).

1  Thank Martha G