“Good food, genial atmosphere at the bar”

Hurricane Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Hurricane Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 51 Restaurants in Kennebunkport
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Sitting over the Kennebunk River in the Kennebunkport neighborhood of Dock Square. Hurricane Restaurant offers the freshest local seafood,locally grown produce and the finest of prime meats available in the market daily. Our Chef and Pastry Chef write our menus each day based on what is the freshest and finest product. Our wine list offers over 130 plus selections by the bottle with almost 60 available by the glass and has won Wine Spectator awards for over 15 years in a row. Our service is casual with our priorities being complete guest satisfaction. Please join us soon to enjoy our wonderful food and beverages and well as our spectacular water views.
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Had drinks, oysters, and a small snack at the bar. Friendly bartenders, reasonably interesting single malt choices, great oysters. Still haven't had a full meal there but when I'm in the area I always stop for the oysters, so sooner or later I'll have dinner, and expect it to be excellent.

1  Thank AdirondackBlue
Write a ReviewReviews (1,071)

Reviewed October 16, 2012

This was our second visit to Hurricane and both times we had excellent service and delicious food. We sat in a booth both times, very comfortable and cozy. Nice place to see the sunset over the river. I would encourage making reservations especially in the summer and on weekends year-round. One of our favorites in the area!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

My girlfriend and I visited Hurricane in Kennebunkport in early October 2012. We had a fabulous a lunch:

Oysters on half shell: so fresh and beautifully presented
Caesar salad with half lobster in shell on top
Lobster chowder
...and more that I am unable to recall

Prompt and excellent service; parking behind restaurant.

Serene and delightful views of water from restaurant.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

My Husband brought me to Kennebunkport for my Birthday and he made reservation from his new Iphone to eat dinner at The Hurricane Resturant for the same night . It was fabulous. The atmosphere was very nice. No need to wear a coat and tie but of course you would not want to go in there underdressed either. Our waiter's name was Patrick and he was very nice and attentive. The food was excellent My husband had salmon and I had Lobster cakes. The special thing That I loved about this Place It gives you a small Portions on the Menu as well as a large entree.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Easily the best view at any restaurant in Kennebunkport. The food was delicious, although a bit over priced for portion size. The variety of dishes available was nice for those folks that don't enjoy seafood. Service was great. Atmosphere is casually elegant -- not so fancy that you have to dress to the nines, but nice enough that you don't feel like you're sitting in just any ole restaurant.