“Lively, tasty, good!”

Alisson's Restaurant & Pub
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Alisson's has been a local family owned Kennebunkport tradition for over 40 years! We are famous for our Lobster Roll, New England Clam Chowder & Lobster Bisque. Enjoy a large selection of Local Maine Craft Beers or a cocktail from our full bar while watching the game on any of our large screen TV's. We offer a wide variety of menu items from pizza and burgers to steak and lobster that will appeal to everyone in the family!
Reviewed April 14, 2007

We had lunch on a Saturday before a big storm, and the place was bustling with activity. The Annie Artichokely sandwich was an interesting combination of tomatoes, cheese, artichoke hearts and spinach on toasted sourdough, with some sort of garlicky mayonnaise, and it was delicious. My friend's lobster roll was also delicious.

The service was excellent, and although it was noisy, for lunch we didn't mind.

25  Thank Quality1989
Write a ReviewReviews (1,672)

Reviewed February 27, 2007

That's why I go to Allison's every time I'm in Kennebunkport.

Can't tell you about anything else, because I can't bring myself to order anything but the Lobster roll. I get the Clam chowder for starters and when you top that all off with a Newcastle Ale.... well let's just say life is good. I'm in Maine a lot in the 'off-season' so I don't have to contend with the crowds.

There can be a wait even off season, the staff is super busy but they are pleasant and do their best.

Some day I may try the scallops or haddock or whatever, I'm sure it's all good, but I'll probably never know.

5  Thank Papabear0276
Reviewed January 26, 2007

Hear me out... I'm from Canada, and generally have usually been quite disappointed by any dining experience I have had while visiting in the US. That being said, there are always exceptions and Alisson's certainly was one of them.

I was visiting friends in Old Orchard Beach and about twelve of us went to Alisson's for dinner one evening after touring Kennebunkport area (NOTE: Go See Goose Rocks Beach while you're there!!!). Serving that many people at the best of times is a challenge, and while there were some slips, the waitress did a fine job managing our table. I cannot say that the service was spentabulous, but certainly well above what one would expect.

However, the one thing I must comment on is the food. I cannot speak for everyone else that was at my table, but I can tell you that my meal was outstanding. I had the seafood medely and I would walk there right now for another go at that meal. The fish was tangy, the scallops were cooked to perfection, and the shrimp were plump, crisp and sweet.

This is a tourist region. There are bound to be mishaps. I live in Ottawa and I shudder to think about all of the things on this website said about some fine places here during tourist season... It can happen. But the ambiance of that beautiful little village, the thrill of being so close to the ocean and knowing that what I was eating had come out of the water nearby a few hours ago - made my dinner all that more enjoyable.

Don't let the naysayers influence you. Keep an open mind and get ready for a great meal.

Cheers!

7  Thank CanadianBoyOttawa
Reviewed August 24, 2006

This place is for tourists. The food is very average and so is the service. This is a good place for family's that do not want to spend a lot of money to eat.

Reviewed August 9, 2006

I'm so glad we didn't read the reviews here before eating at Allison's.
This is not a gourmet restaurant and doesn't pretend to be. It is a good local restaurant serving good basic food in a pleasant atmosphere. The service was friendly and on a Sunday evening it was full with largely local customers - always a recommendation.
Reasonably priced food in a central location - we enjoyed our visit.

5  Thank Jennidcap