“Exciting icecream flavours, not for the faint hearted”

Rococo Artisan Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Kennebunkport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Brisbane, Australia
“Exciting icecream flavours, not for the faint hearted”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

If you like an adventure, try this place. The most unusual flavours ever. If you like standard run of the mill ice-cream this may not be the place for you but my husband and I loved it- and they let you try before you buy!

Visited May 2013

Connecticut
“Excellent artisan ice cream”
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

This was our first time at Rococo's & I gotta say it won't be our last. They have chocolate & vanilla, but that is where the familiar ends. This is truly an experience. They make all of the ice cream in house, which makes it incredibly fresh. They encourage tasting which is a necessity because of all of the unusual flavors. They put together flavor combinations that are truly unique & delicious.

• Visited March 2013
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“Delicious Ice Cream for Adventurous Palettes!”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This ice creeam was decadent, with interesting flavor combinations and uses of spices. It is very rich and thick, too. Others in my party would have liked to see more traditional flavor options

Visited June 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Amazing and Creative Ice Cream”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I don't normally review ice cream parlors, but Rococo deserves the attention of foodies who happen to be in the Kennebunkport area.

The woman who owns the place and creates all the flavor combinations is a genius (I forgot her name ...sorry). Rich and dense, flavorable, and creative are the words I'll use to describe everything she makes. The day I was there she had about 20 creations, including spiced (cinnamon, herbs, intense vanilla), hot (cayenne), sweet (mix-ins), and fruity (amazing banana and coconut flavors).

The chef/owner is taking risks and IMHO delivering an amazingly high quality, line-up of ice cream confections. If you really like food and are anywhere near Kennebunkport make a beeline to Rococo to sample some of the most innovative, authentic ice cream being made in New England.

• Visited May 2013
New Hampshire
“Unusual Flavors for a Refined Pallet”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My boyfriend and I played rock-paper-scissors to decide if we'd go to Rococo's or Ben and Jerry's down the street. My boyfriend won and he chose to trip Rococo. They have unusual and "artisan" flavors - like Cranberry Ginger, Chai, and even a Curry flavored ice cream. I was told that the owner makes it herself. After trying 5 different flavors, I settled on Dark Chocolate (the least creative). It was delicious, but I actually think I prefer the more traditional flavors and consistency of ice cream to this gelato-like treat.
There is no place to sit in the shop, so you'll have to grab and go. She offers ice cream in cups or cones.
It was overall pretty good, and maybe I'd go there again if I had a friend with me who wanted a less traditional flavor. For me, I think I'll stick to Ben&Jerry's.

• Visited May 2013