“A Big Creative Step Ahead of the Others”

Rococo Artisan Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Kennebunkport
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The owner of Rococo had only opened her shop five months earlier when my wife and I stumbled on to it. What a fun, friendly, delicious revelation! It was a slow day -- early October -- and the owner gave us many tastes. The flavor combos were often unusual, but always on the mark. Finally, we couldn't resist buying a cone even though we had had one elsewhere an hour earlier. It was fantastic. If I'm ever within even an hour of Rococo again, I will detour to go there.

1  Thank paraisodemonteverde

Reviewed October 14, 2012

While on a bus trip through New England, we stopped in Kennebunkport for lunch. Not wanting to eat a big meal, I chose to get ice cream. Rococo's Artisan Ice Cream is homemade in the shop and has the consistancy of gelato but the flavors are very different. The owner captures local and enticing international flavors. She is a master at what she does. I purchased a two scoop waffle cone with a scoop of Amarula Pecan and a scoop of Banana Split which had caramel, dark chocolate chips, and salted Almonds. This is a must stop for anyone who loves ice cream. I only wish I could have tasted some of the other flavors she makes. If I'm ever in Kennebunkport again, I will definitely visit Rococo's Artisan Ice Cream.

2  Thank Sugarfoot1999
Reviewed September 30, 2012

What a delicious & delectable huge scoop of homemade ice cream we had at this wonderful little parlor. I know that this young lady will do well as there are many sorts of ice creams to choose from & she makes them all herself.. good to see such ambition.

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

I have never had such interesting ice cream before in my life. My favorite was the Chai Cardamon. The flavor is still with me . . . I wish the ice cream was. Others were great too: real mint, nutella and cranberry, & goat cheese and fig. The owner is an artist at this, so offerings change, which means one could go every day and always have a new flavor to try.

1  Thank hypomule
Reviewed September 23, 2012

As a former owner of several DQ franchises, I have to admit Rococo's serves some of the best quality products available in New England. Spending time with the founder and sharing tips on how to market her products online is something a whole lot of people are going to look forward to in the very near future.
You can try the 2-3 other ice cream shops in the area, but if you view yourself as an ice cream expert and want only the best, Rococo's is the place to go....

1  Thank Steve C