We stayed in a Queen room with balcony in the Spa Building facing the water. My husband liked the room because it was more boutique hotel than frilly B&B. The water view, spa robes, Molton Brown toiletries, and close access to the spa amenities/gym made our stay a sanctuary from the tour bus masses closer to town. The hotel is a 10 minute walk or 2 minute drive to town, but my tip is that one of the best walks in New England is just outside the Breakwater Inn. Just take a right outside the hotel and walk along "Parson's Way" on Ocean Ave. It is the best way to see the stately homes, St. Anne's stone church, the rocky coastline, and Walker's Point. There are several park benches along the path. There are also a few nice boutiques and art galleries on the ground level outside the Breakwater Inn spa building. The main inn building & Stripers restaurant is about 100 yards away. Continental breakfast is included with the room- basic bagels, toast, cold cuts, pastries, fruit, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, ect. I can also commend the service at the hotel-the staff went out of their way to help us reschedule our anniversary trip when our original trip dates were disrupted by Hurricane Irene. Our room deposit was credited promptly, and we received a lower room rate since our new trip dates fell after Labor Day. When we needed toothpaste, a staff member brought it up within 2 minutes. The restaurant servers and bartender were attentive, friendly, and professional. The hotel is scheduled for upgrades over the winter, and we would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in the 1880's, The Breakwater Inn & Spa is one of the most historic Kennebunkport hotels and inns with all the modern hotel comforts, located right on the Kennebunk River waterfront. Experience our chic water view inn rooms, cottages or spa rooms as you indulge in exclusive signature spa treatments in our luxury spa complex. Delight in innovative cuisine at Stripers Waterside Restaurant, taking pleasure in the freshest seafood, lobster and shellfish from the New England Maine Coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Breakwater Inn and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Breakwater Hotel Kennebunkport
- The Breakwater Inn And Spa Kennebunkport, Maine