“Good Family Resort”
Review of Rhumb Line Resort

Rhumb Line Resort
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Kennebunkport
Reviewed August 15, 2008

We just returned from 4 nights at the Rhumb Line. We chose it based on what we saw and read in their brochure.The property is represented in pictures as you see it in person. What you see is what you get -- comfortable, clean, appealing.
The property is tucked in off the road in a very pretty residential area of Kennebunkport. It's quiet and yet only 2-3 miles from the center of town. Close by (about a mile) is the Bush summer "cottage" on a picturesque stretch of coast called Ocean Avenue.
Since we were on the first floor we were conveniently able to walk out and onto the outdoor pool area. Ample pool towels were provided for our room and we were able to order lunch poolside which was nice. There is also an indoor pool which my children took advantage of as well in inclement weather.
The complimentary continental breakfast was good. Plenty of tables for guests; food was replenished; no one rushed you out at the end of breakfast. The staff was friendly and accomodating. We had a problem one night with our bathroom and the situation was promptly taken care of.
I would like to see the bathrooms enhanced somehow -- it would be a plus. However, the beds were great! So COMFORTABLE -- perhaps the best sleep I've had in recent memory at any hotel/motel I've stayed at!!
If you're looking for a fancy and pretentious property -- this is not for you. However, if you want a great (& reasonable) place to stay with the family in Kennebukport -- this is it!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed August 11, 2008

We stayed at the Rhumb Line Resort for 2 nights. Pictures and videos are much nicer than reality. Staff very nice and helpful. The hotel has an awful odor--almost smells like urine--but I think it's a musty smell. You can tell there was water damage by the stains on the hallway carpet. Room was clean, but the smell was ruined it for me.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank jlr081
Reviewed July 28, 2008

My husband and I travel alot and we have stayed at the Rhumb Line before and enjoyed our stay. I must say that it was about eight years ago though. We have stayed in two star hotels and we have stayed in five star hotels. The Rhumb Line has gone down hill and I would not give it two stars. Our room was a great dissapointment to us. We had a room in the back part of the building which is nice as it is quite back there. That is all I can say about the room that was nice. From the old dirty carpet to the stained couch and rip chair, I felt the rom had not changed from the 70's. I will not tell you what the mattress looked like or how it felt to not sleep on it! The pool liner had a line of dirt all around it from not being cleaned properly and the white steps were now grey from negelect. We did adventure out for breakfast as we did not hold much hope in the continental breakfast they offered. I don't know if some rooms have been updated but this one certainly had not. I feel we paid a resort price for a one star motor inn quality. I would not recommend this hotel - Sorry

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank terrimg
Reviewed June 14, 2008

Close enough to town for easy accessibility; yet, far enough away for peace and tranquility. The staff was friendly, helpful, courteous and, more than, competent. Their suggestions on sites to see, places to go and local, non-tourist oriented restaurants were extremely helpful.
The resort, itself, was wonderful. The rooms had all the amenities we needed; a/c, tv, great lighting and comfy beds. Some of the extras afforded to us were: complimentary breakfast every morning, indoor heated pool and spa, outdoor pool and spa and exercise facilities.
The scenery was gorgeous and the locals were nice as could be. We couldn't have asked for better weather, more beautiful sites, a nicer place to stay or a more relaxing trip. We would go back in a heartbeat, and we just might.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 13, 2008

my sister and i spent oct nov 2007 at rml the best vacation in years spotlessy clean amenities fabulous pools in/out plus a large hot tub all meticulousy cared for our 2 rooms were so comfortable loved the new comforters and pillows we had a full kitchen lg with big table and chairs oven and fully equiped for a family very friendly and warm staff we love the short ride to town and beaches on molly the trolly

Stayed: October 2007
Reviewed April 19, 2008

We spent our honeymoon here in 2002 and have just returned home from our 3rd stay. We've reserved the same room each time but the amenities are convenient to all the rooms. The staff is very friendly and courteous. The indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs means plenty of room for all and no worries if it rains. It's nestled in the trees away from the crowd but only a stone's throw from town. It's a great place to just relax and unwind or if fun and entertainment is what you seek, there's plenty of that as well. We wish we could find the time to go more often.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kevmow
Reviewed February 22, 2008

I called a booked a room king size bed and 2 family members booked the same....better watch the cancellation policy....7 days...how are you going to know if you are going to be sick or not....usually 24 hours... that is a joke....they got $25.00 from 3 couples....$75.00 for a phone call......got the flu 6 days before and cancelled...I wouldn't' stay there if the rooms were free...I never heard of 7 day cancellation fee....look other places...buyer beware...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank myracol2003
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennebunkport
Lodge at Turbat's Creek
#8 of 8 in Kennebunk
Colony Hotel
Colony Hotel
#3 of 6 in Kennebunkport

Been to Rhumb Line Resort? Share your experiences!