“It could be so nice”
Review of Rhumb Line Resort

Rhumb Line Resort
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Kennebunkport
Reviewed May 5, 2011

The hotel could be so nice, but it was dirty! The floor was awful, bedlinnen seemed to be already used.
The only reason to stay were the pools, jacuzzis and the Fitness-Center.

The Fitness Center was cosed "until further notice", but the staff at the Front desk didn't even know...
All in all: Better pay more, but enjoy!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Kaiser96
KennebunkportMelony, Manager at Rhumb Line Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2011

Dear Kaiser,

We were so sorry to hear you were not happy with the cleanliness of your room. We pride ourselves on exceptional housekeeping. We only wish you had brought the situation to our attention immediately so we could have remedied the problem to your satisfaction. Unfortunately our fitness facilities were under construction due to a water pipe leak. We are in the process of making the necessary repairs and will reopen by Mid May. Again, very sorry we fell short of your expectations.

Rhumb Line Resort

There are newer reviews for Rhumb Line Resort

Reviewed April 21, 2011

The Rumb line Resort is very handy to Boston and a great getaway from the city. The
Hotel is extremely clean and the service staff are the best. The rooms were large,
comfortable and have a balcony with chairs overlooking the pool and surroundings.
This is a very nice and peaceful location with easy access to beaches, restaurants and
quaint shops.
The beds are extremely comfortable with comforters and four pillows. The TV has many
cable channels to choose from. We have been coming to the Rhumb Line for fifteen plus
years and hopefully for many to come. The continental breakfast is fabulous with its fine
coffee, pastries, cereals and muffins etc.
The secret to this fine hotel is that the management family live right on the property and
are attentive to any needs we have.
This Hotel runs specials and some include a 25.00 gift certificate to local restaurants.

Room Tip: When calling ask for any specials.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2011

My husband and I enjoyed our brief stay at the Rhumb Line Resort. The staff was friendly and couldn't do enough to help us enjoy our time there. We enjoyed the friendly staff, clean rooms, free continental breakfast and Kennebunkport off season. We will go back.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2011

If you're looking for an inexpensive getaway where kids can swim, this is perfect. Our off-season rate of $69/night included breakfast! Unlike many hotels, they allow 5 in a room--perfect if you have 3 young kids. Indoor pool is open from early morning til late evening. Hotel is about a 5-minute drive outside of Kennebunkport. We checked the room carefully because of other reviews, and it was perfectly clean. Terrific value!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 20, 2010

My husband and I have just left this place after spending 2 nights, 3 days. I must say it was the worst place I have ever stayed in my life and I am an avid traveler.
The room was NOT clean. There were spiders tucked in the crack of the wall and ceiling. There was a lot of hair from previous guests on the bathroom floor.
I was NOT given the room I asked for when I spoke to them upon reserving the room. I am handicapped and can not do stairs. They assured me, I would only have to go down a set of stairs. When we were given our room, we had to climb 4 flights of stairs. If it were not for the cost of canceling, I would have walked out then.
When we did get to our room, we noticed there was "notice to all guests" that as a "courtesy to our guest, a $1.50 charge per person per day, not to exceed $6.00 per day, will be charged for the cleaning of the room". Something Katie NEVER disclosed when I was speaking on the phone with her. AS A COURTESY TO ME?? How is that a courtesy to me??!!
The next nightmare was when I called for extra pillows. When I called I was asked "aren't there 4 pillows on your bed?" I said yes, "but I/we need more." She hymmed and hahed and said, "I will see what I can do, but you will have to come get them". I said ok. We did get 2 extra pillows after my husband went and got them.\
Just as I was looking to go take a shower, I noticed we didn't have conditioner with the shampoo supplied. I sent my husband down for conditioner. he came back up about 10-15 minutes later and threw the bottles on the bed. He said they didn't have any and "they must have place the wrong order", as they only had conditioner.
Upon checking out the person at the desk answered the phone while I was standing there. It was a child of hers. She did not immediately hang up the phone. EXTREMELY RUDE. She NEVER asked how our stay was, how we were, NO CUSTOMER SERVICE what so ever!!!
When I commented to my husband about this, the person at the desk came out behind me and said "the reason I did NOT ask you was because it was obvious you were not happy".
I WAS TOTALLY BLOWN AWAY BY THIS STATEMENT. How can you know we were NOT happy, but NOT CARE enough to find out why in order to fix it.
When I went to get on the internet to send my homework on Monday Night to my college professors, the hotels server was "down". I tried it every day until we left and it was still not working. A perk about staying there was the WiFi they advertise. It did me no good and actually hurt my grade because my homework was late. I could not send it until Wednesday when we got to our other hotel. Again, some thing I could have told the person at the front desk at check out but because she had no interest in why "we were not happy" the issue of no WiFi was not addressed like everything else in this place.
I will NEVER stay at this place again. I will NEVER recommend this place to anyone! Anyone who wants a better place to stay, DO NOT STAY At RHUMB LINE RESORT!!! IT IS REALLY REALLY THE PITS!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank KKisBack
Reviewed September 25, 2010

We had a wonderful time in Kennebunkport and most of the credit goes to the choice we made for our accomodations. The Rumb Line Resort we so peaceful. The staff, Katie, in particular were so helpful in pointing us in the right direction for attractions and also for restaurants. They have two heated pools, inside and out, along with two hot tubs. Their breakfast is included and superb!! We definately will be returning.
S. Greene--Up North Michigan

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2010

This was an awful experience from beginning (smelly, dirty lobby/reception area) to the end (had to "wait" 15 minutes to check out because the desk didn't open until 8am).
The hotel room was drab and dark. Very outdated furiture and facilities. Odd musty smell in our room. Terrible value for the price- had it not been a weekend and fairly late when we arrived, I would have turned on my heel and gone. As it was I chose to sleep fully clothed rather than get into the bed as there was a large stain on the comforter.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 8shushu8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennebunkport
Lodge at Turbat's Creek
#8 of 8 in Kennebunk
King's Port Inn
King's Port Inn
#4 of 8 in Kennebunk

Been to Rhumb Line Resort? Share your experiences!