“Relaxing vibe right on the beach”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Kennebunkport
“Relaxing vibe right on the beach”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Enjoyed our long weekend at the Tides Beach Club. Queen room was cozy, but perfect size for a long weekend--and we could hear the waves!! Best part of the property is the porch area, where you can get drinks and sit on comfy rockers with a view of the beach. Enjoyed the atmosphere of the common areas--folks were friendly and we did a lot of people watching. Very cool experience--can't wait to get back.

1 Thank Keng1234
TBCManager, General Manager at The Tides Beach Club, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Keng1234:

Thank you for spending a long weekend with us at The Tides Beach Club! I agree that our front porch is one of the best places to enjoy the warm summer breeze and have fun with beachfront people watching.

I am glad that you enjoyed the property and we look forward to welcoming you back to TBC for another cool experience!

The Tides Beach Club

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
worcester ma
Reviewed July 3, 2014

my wife and i went to tides in when we were dating 20 years ago. for a quick little get away for a our 18th anniversary we decided to go back. the name has changed and little and they underwent a complete renovation three years ago but the palce was great. not cheap- even though we got a decent rate . rooms look real good- beach is looking as good as ever and now they have employees and beach chairs they set up for you. you can not get a drink on the beach but you can get food. eveyone who worked their was nice and helpful. we ate dinner at the restaurant and although again a bit pricey food was great. great small resort- my only gripe is when resorts add a "resort fee" to the price of the room, please just inlcude it in the price of the room. i will also add that they left a card for us on the bed that gave us two free drinks at the bar as they knew i was our anniversary- nice touch

Dear stevemlok:

Thank you for returning to The Tides after 20 years -- what an occasion to return for! Wishing you both a belated congratulations on your 18th anniversary.

I am very glad to know that you enjoyed the new renovations and updated appearance and offering of the hotel. Thank you for acknowledging the positive demeanor of the staff that you encountered. We have a very close knit team (many of whom started when we took on the property) who work hard to ensure that our guests' expectations are met and exceeded.

I hope to welcome you back to The Tides Beach Club in the future -- whether for another anniversary celebration or just a Goose Rocks getaway. Wishing you an endless summer!

United States
Reviewed June 27, 2014

It's not often you get a huge sandy beach in Maine, but you do here. The Tides Beach Club is a quaint almost bed-and-breakfast-like resort. But, it's (5) Stars all the way. I loved it here. The staff is fantastic and the view is breath-taking. You must enjoy a glass of champagne on the comfy, yellow rockers on the front porch.

There's not too much nearby, so come ready to sit back, relax and enjoy the inn.

1 Thank Cregan8256
Dear creagan8256:

You've confirmed the belief that we have had for the last 4 years -- Goose Rocks Beach is the BEST beach in Maine. Two and a half miles of a beautiful sandy beach that turns into a rocky outlet...there are few landscapes more picturesque...

We look forward to welcoming you back for more breathtaking views and lazy afternoons on the front porch!

New Haven CT
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We returned to Tides this week after receiving a coupon via email. It was perfect and beautiful. So nice to see that they haven't let it slip since opening 3? Years ago. Hanna at the desk is polite and helpful. All the staff in fact seem to enjoy their jobs......which is a big deal as there is nothing worse than disgruntled staff while you are trying to relax. Drinks were good, breakfast was good. We did not have dinner this time. Room 301 is nice and large compared to some of the others, it does not have a view but we didn't care as we don't spend much time in our room.
We also did not partake of any of the other resort offerings , there is a rather steep $35 resort fee per day. Which is fine if you intend doing the activities......probably a tad high if like us you prefer just to relax. However as we had a coupon I did not feel too badly about it.

Note to management....the carpet in room 301 needs a good cleaning. I didn't deduct points for this as everything else was pristine.

2 Thank Snodgrass999
Dear Snodgrass999:

Thank you for such a lovely review -- it is great that you returned to the Tides after receiving our email! We work hard to ensure consistency across the years, despite the seasonality of the property. Our staff works incredibly hard to deliver world-class guest service -- at the end of the day, this is what it is all about.

I appreciate your feedback on the resort fee. We feel confident that the resort fee is justified by the access to all of our lovely amenities: beach service, WiFi and full access to Hidden Pond Resort. With that said, I certainly understand that some guests may not be looking to take advantage of all of these amenities. We also appreciate your comment regarding 301.

Thank you for your continued support of our hotel. We hope to welcome you back to The Tides in the near future.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 15, 2014

My husband and I just returned from TBC after a weekend getaway to celebrate our anniversary. We got a great rate on the room from buying their deal on LivingSocial. Because we had the voucher, we had to call the hotel directly to book (couldn't do it online). After calling several times, I couldn't get through. I looked online and was able to find another number, which I called and was finally able to get through only to be told that the receptionist needed to call me back. She did, and I was finally able to book my room, but I never received a confirmation email. I called back the day we were to check in to make sure it was confirmed, and I was assured it was, and that a new confirmation email would be sent to me. I never did receive that email, which made me extremely nervous, however after the issues with the reservation process... everything else was just perfect. Once we successfully checked into the hotel the rest of our trip was terrific. We were offered complimentary sparking wine at check-in, and there was a gift bag full of adorable TBC swag waiting for us in our room (I wore my TBC sunglasses the whole trip!).

Probably the best thing, among many good things, about this hotel is it's location. It's about a 10 minute drive from the cute shops and restaurants in Kennebunkport, however, it is located right on the beach in Cape Porpoise. We did venture into town but if I had to do it over again, I would have just stayed at the TBC property. The meals we ate there were excellent and the drinks were some of the best we've had. A few guest tips: make sure to ask for the blueberry jam at breakfast (it's not on the menu), and the blackberry mojitos are NOT to be missed. The hotel has recently been renovated, and the decor and style of the place are just wonderful. The pictures of the hotel really don't do it justice. Everything is just so cozy and comfortable, and everywhere you turn you see the attention to detail. Overall, it's exactly what you'd expect in a luxury coastal Maine retreat.

As I said, we had a wonderful experience and we are already planning another return trip. However, I would like to offer a few suggestions which could make the guests' experience even better:
- Add a small table or cart in the bathroom on which to place personal items. There was a small shelf above the toilet but no other flat space in the bathroom, which was actually quite spacious with ample room for a small table. I had to put my blow drier and toiletry bag on the floor which was not ideal.
- Add more storage for clothing. Our room had a bureau that acted more as a TV stand than anything else. It had a small area for hanging clothes, however it wasn't long enough for my dresses. The bureau had a few shelves but no drawers. It looked very nice in the room but didn't seem very useful. A full length closet/bureau and small trunk or bench to put your suitcase on would be well received in my opinion.

Thank you again TBC for a wonderful stay!

2 Thank annamicole
Dear annamicole:

Thank you for choosing The Tides Beach Club as the location to celebrate your wedding anniversary! Congratulations to you both.

The Living Social promotion was an excellent opportunity to increase our exposure online and create awareness of how excellent Spring travel can be in Maine. I apologize that you had troubles booking the room -- as it was our first time doing this type of sale, there were certainly a few growing pains which we have since worked through.

It is great to know that you were able to enjoy the property as well as Dock Square. As you mentioned, you could easily stay in the Goose Rocks area and be happy as a clam...but then again poking around through Kennebunkport is a charming way to spend an afternoon.

We appreciate your recommendations for improvement. The rooms are certainly a bit cozy which has posed a challenge to bathroom and clothes storage. Each room is unique and unfortunately not all of them have closets. We've tried to brainstorm on this topic and are still waiting for the best solution to tackle storage concerns. In the future, I would encourage you to request a portable clothes rack as we are able to provide these for our guess.

Thank you again for taking the time to share a review of your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Tides for years to come!

West Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed June 15, 2014

It seems like the ones giving bad reviews are expecting "amenities" available at a Ramada. If you stay at a 100+ year old hotel in New England, expect the floor to squeak and appreciate the quirks!
Stay away from the Beach House in Watch Hill, RI, and Equinox in Manchester, VT too...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank wcf67
Dear wcf67:

Thank you for your review of The Tides Beach Club! We are pleased that you loved the charm of our inn. The inn was originally built in 1899, and as you mentioned, certainly does have some oddities that come with a building of that age! Since taking over ownership of the inn, we have worked hard to highlight it's original features while breathing fresh life into the structure. It is great to know that you can appreciate The Tides for what it is now, while keeping in mind what it used to be.

Thank you for your patronage and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

Marblehead, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 11, 2014

My husband and I went for a quick child-free getaway. We loved the Tides Beach Club! The decor was so chic and hip. Our ocean front room had a great view and we listened to the waves crash all night long. Heaven! We were very impressed with the service and how helpful the staff was. We also enjoyed the complimentary bikes and breakfast. The hotel is removed from town so if you are looking for things to do within walking distance, you need to plan to get in your car. But, for us, we didn't mind that one bit.
I would HIGHLY recommend the Tides!

1 Thank Meredith N
TBCManager, General Manager at The Tides Beach Club, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Meredith:

Everyone deserves a child-free getaway once in a while, that's for sure! Thank you for your kind comments regarding the decor and service levels at The Tides Beach Club. Our owner and his designers put an incredible spin on this historic inn -- I agree that the interior is very coastal chic. We have worked hard to hire and develop a staff that is personal, kind and authentic -- they work tirelessly to meet the needs of all of our guests.

Thank you for your high recommendation -- I hope to welcome you back to Goose Rocks Beach soon!

Wishing you an endless summer,

The Tides Beach Club
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennebunkport
The Grand Hotel
#1 of 5 in Kennebunkport
The Breakwater Inn and Spa
The Breakwater Inn and Spa
#15 of 26 in Kennebunkport

Been to The Tides Beach Club? Share your experiences!