Location: A flat easy minimal walk to a perfect sandy beach with lounges and umbrellas- I mean really close- close enough to walk back and forth with little children 10 times to use the potty through out the day.
View: Excellent expansive ocean views.
Sand: Soft and clean- no trash what so ever, no rocks, minimal seaweed.
Water: Crystal clear, cold.
Parking: Plenty and right at entrance
Grounds: Small front yard and pleasant porch overlooking ocean with comfy seating
Lobby with adjoining restaurant and bar: Chic modern coastal with comfy intimate spaces to gather as well as an expansive bar for socializing.
Staff: Management has trained everyone from front desk to housekeeping to do their jobs professionally. Staff takes their duties seriously. No one was lacking. No one ever said no to any of our requests- they were empowered to make us happy...excellent job management!
Food: Fresh, simple, perfectly prepared- doesnt get any better.
Room: Every nook and cranny super clean. Bed, firm with pillow top- it was just right. Linens were of quality. Pull out sleeper sofa- fine for children, but an adult would feel the bars. Bathroom- really liked the handheld shower head, this made bathing the children easy. A/C was super quiet. Smell- no smell !!! For us this is huge, we cant stand funky moldy musty hotel rooms. Noise- music was heard loudly enough to keep us awake until 10pm or so, but we were warned of this prior to booking and were ok with it. We were overall very happy with the room.
Sister resort Hidden Pond: 1.5 miles away, we would bring our bicycles next time and ride there to use the pool. There is not much traffic so i would feel safe pulling our children in our bike tow behinds.
Bottom Line: We would go out of our way to stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stellar ocean views of one of the Northeast's most gorgeous beaches, The Tides Beach Club offers a high-end yet casual beach style resort with terrific dining, an vibrant cocktail bar and exceptional beach amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your The Tides Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tides Beach Club Hotel Kennebunkport
- The Tides Beach Club Kennebunkport, Maine