“I feel like I discovered a hidden gem.”

The Tides Beach Club
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Kennebunkport
Reviewed March 5, 2012

This place is simply amazing and simple. We got a beach front suite with a porch. It was perfect. Small, intimate hotel that offer 5 star service. Restaurant was great. Only thing I have to complain about is that they do not provide room service. It would have been perfect if they did. I would have loved to have breakfast on my porch as the sun came up. Also, we at their sister property and it was amazing too. I can't wait to go back. Great for the quiet getaway. Every night we went to sleep to the sound of the crashing waves.

There are newer reviews for The Tides Beach Club

Reviewed February 10, 2012

Wow, Wow, Wow, that's all I can say. We won a trip here last year and stayed for a weekend in early June. It was truly a 5 Star experience. Location can't be beat. Staff was AMAZING. So friendly and accommodating. The Inn itself is absolutely gorgeous. True seaside decor and vibe. As a true New England boy growing up on Fairfield Beach in CT, it brought me back to carefree summers as a kid. Breakfast was more than adequate, drinks on the porch in the afternoon were fabulous and apps at the bar in the evening couldn't be beat. The beach tender was spot on amazing. He moved chairs, umbrellas, gave us extra towels and made sure we always had a cold bottle of water when we came back from a swim. I really can't enough about this place. Our trip was free last year, but this year we're paying for a weekend. It'll be worth every damn penny.

*Tip* Head to their sister resort Hidden Pond. It's just a short drive and is BEAUTIFUL. A great pool, great service, and a great bar. Todd the bar tender made sure our afternoon was picture perfect (and comped a round of drinks). We headed there one night for the Bon Fire, S'mores, and of course more drinks. Todd REALLY made out trip.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade. They gave us one our first night, then moved all of our bags for us the followin...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 18, 2011

The renovated Tides Beach Club has a very comfortable, warm feel to it. The rooms are tastefully decorated in an understated way, and the restaurant and grand parlor are most welcoming. You have to see the framed photographs of dogs hanging out car windows, taken by a local photographer. They will make you smile! In fact, everything about this place will make you smile. Service at breakfast was quite attentive, there are plenty of lounge chairs and towels on the beach across the street, and the farewell favors your receive are a unique touch. Although we stayed at the more luxurious,sister resort - Hidden Pond, we enjoyed our stay here more. We're ready to book for next summer!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sabathecat
TidesBeachClub, Manager at The Tides Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2011

Dear Sabathecat,
We enjoyed reading your post about your visit to The Tides. Thank you! We are very proud of our inaugural season! The efforts of our staff and managers (not to mention the crew responsible for the renovations over the winter) were apparent all season long. We look forward to your future visits!

Jen Flock

Reviewed November 17, 2011

We loved this place and its location, the main areas (reception, bar, restaurant) are beautifully decorated but I think the rooms let it down a little bit. They are quite small and the decoration is not as nice as in the restaurant and bar. I will definitely recommend dinner at the sister property, Hidden Pond! It was incredible.
We will come back.

Dear Gepmo,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent visit to The Tides. We are pleased you found our hotel (and our sister property Hidden Pond) so accomodating. The building underwent a complete overhaul during the winter to open by Memorial Day Weekend, and it was quite an accomplishment. The building has been in place since the early part of the century, and we had to be extremely resourceful to configure the room types. We look forward to welcoming you in our second season in 2012!

Jen Flock

Reviewed November 6, 2011

My husband I and decided to spend about 10 days driving up the New England coast. We made about 6 stops and I would say the TBC was my favorite. When we arrived, we were told we were the only guests for the night (they were closing up for the season less than a week from our stay). Nonetheless, they still made us feel very welcome. We were offered a glass of champagne at check-in, and although the bar and restaurant were closed for the season, we were still able to have a few drinks before dinner, while chatting with Damian, who was very friendly and had lots of great suggestions for us and the rest of our trip. We had dinner at their sister restaurant, Earth, which was an absolutely amazing dining experience. We weren't expecting it, but they had a great continental breakfast for us in the morning, and we borrowed their beach cruisers and rode around for a while. The area is quiet and beautiful-- just what we wanted. The beach was peaceful and calm. Our room was beautifully decorated, as well as the rest of the inn. We would return in heartbeat!

1  Thank lboog7011
TidesBeachClub, Manager at The Tides Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2011

Dear lboog7011,
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! And are equally delighted you were able to visit our sister property Earth at Hidden Pond. The beach is a wonderful amenity, and to enjoy it after Labor Day is a treat! We look forward to seeing you next season!

Reviewed October 13, 2011

My husband and I spent 3 nights in early October (love October in Maine) at the TBC. Our room was spacious, comfortable and most importantly, super clean! There was a slight problem the first night with the water heater, but the staff was very accommodating and the problem was fixed quickly. Already talking about planning a visit next summer with our grown daughters.

Room Tip: Ask for room specifics before you book....lots of different types, sizes of rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
TidesBeachClub, Manager at The Tides Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2011

Dear TracyE,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I'm so glad to see that you enjoyed your stay! And thrilled to hear of your want to return! We look forward to seeing you!

Reviewed September 23, 2011

I have stayed at this Inn with the previous owners for over 11 years, so I was anxious to see the upgrades. I thought I would be a little biased as I had a wonderful relationship with the previous owners. The New Tides Beach Club is a wonderful upgrade, a perfect blend of the old and the new. The staff including Terri, the Manager, made my stay a perfect retreat. The dinner was superb and service great.The rooms and linens are so luxurious, and the miles of beach to walk make it New England Oceanside at its best. I will be returning as soon as I am able.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are smaller, less expensive yet still offer a perfect Ocean View.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
TidesBeachClub, Manager at The Tides Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2011

Dear Nasilva7,
It is so refreshing to read this review! I'd be lying if I didn't admit that we too were anxious in recieving loyal guests of this beautiful property. The former owners did right by these people and we wanted to make sure we continued their valued service. So, thank you for your review. We will continue to grow and improve and are so happy to have you on board. We look forward to your future visits.

Wine Director

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennebunkport
The Grand Hotel
#1 of 6 in Kennebunkport
The Breakwater Inn and Spa
The Breakwater Inn and Spa
#14 of 25 in Kennebunkport

Been to The Tides Beach Club? Share your experiences!