“Enjoyed our stay.”

Ranked #5 of 26 Kennebunkport B&B and Inns
Southeast Michigan
“Enjoyed our stay.”
Reviewed July 9, 2007

We arrived at the Kennebunport Inn which is a beautiful old house (mansion) and were told that our room was in the Wharfside unit. The desk attendant took us to the front door of the Inn and pointed out how to get there. I was a little concerned that we were being put in an old dilapidated overflow unit. Was I wrong. The front entrance was always locked since there was no one manning the entrance. Our room was one flight up (no elevator) and we walked into a comfortable, tastefully decorated clean room. Ther room was very cheery and done in blues and whites. Very comfortable bed. Two very nice cushioned white wicker-like chairs (they were really vinyl or plastic) were by the window. The view from our window was of a wharf area. When the tide was in the water was a pretty sight. At low tide it was just mud and trash at the bottom of the basin. The center square was just round the corner from the rooms. Breakfast was at the Inn which was a short walk from the Wharfside unit. There were two types of quiche, two types of french toast and the usual assorted pastries, cereals, coffee, juice, etc. My only complaints were 1) the AC unit was very noisy and 2) there was mold/mildew in one corner of the bathtub were the tub met the wall. In my opinion, mold and mildew in the bathroom are never acceptable in any lodging. All things considered though, it is a very nice place to stay in Kennebunkport and I would heartily recommend it. The question that should be asked however, is do you want to stay in Kennbunkport? The traffic in town was almost always bumper to bumper. The town center is nothing but overpriced tourist shops. You can take a ride to see (from far away) the elder President Bush's summer home, and I believe there are some beaches around. Other than that, we could not find much of anything of interest in the area. A one day stay there is plenty, unless you are there to sit and relax, rather than tour and sightsee.

• Stayed June 2007
4 Thank cagey123

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
boston
Reviewed May 26, 2007

I booked this inn for a romantic weekend with my husband.
I booked the most expensive room and was expecting it to be worth the cost. When we arrived the staff was very nice. They directed us to our room which was on the first floor past the "inn office" area.
Our room looked right outside the staff entrance/exit. I live in the city and was looking forward to sleeping with the windows open, not happening in this room, not to mention that there was only 1 window in the room. Angry at the fact I booked the most expensive room type, I went to the front desk and told them I was not happy. The offered a room on the third floor which once we looked at it was a much better location and quality. Not sure why we weren't booked in that room first. Although I still was not happy with the layout of the inn - again not being able to open the windows because the inn is right on the main street.
My husband and I decided to look for another place that was quiet and not on the main street. I spoke to the Manager and explained and she was very accomodating, although she could not refund my room charge (understandable - they do say non-refundable when you book) she offered to hold my charge on credit so I could use the room at another date.

I was extremely happy with the Manager's approach with accomidating us for a later date. My husband and I have already booked another weekend late this summer to stay at the Inn.

So I would recommend this Inn if you want to be located in the center of town near everything - food, shopping, sights.
But if you are looking for a quiet , romantic place to stay - I would recommend looking outside the downtown area.

But again the staff was great with dealing with an unhappy guest.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank traynick
beaumont, tx
Reviewed January 9, 2007

My wife and I found this place when we found out our other reservations were made with a place that was closed for the winter. they were very accommodating. The room was very nice and the rate was reasonable. The Inn is located in a very interesting area of town and surrounded by things to see and do. It is a great location if you like to take walks to nearby shops.

We had dinner at the restaurant and the Lobster Ravioli was to die for!! The next morning they had our breakfast ready when we arrived in the tavern and it was an excellent way to start the day.

Overall, our experience was wonderful. It was the first night of a week-long driving tour of New England and it was a great way to start.

• Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank msneil46
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennebunkport
The Grand Hotel
#1 of 5 in Kennebunkport
The Boathouse Waterfront Hotel
The Boathouse Waterfront Hotel
#8 of 26 in Kennebunkport

Been to Kennebunkport Inn? Share your experiences!