“A Great Attraction”

Schooner Eleanor Sailing Tours
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Beautiful schooner built by the captain. Very inexpensive for a 2 hour sail. Fabulous way to see the coastline. The captain and crew were friendly and informative. There are binoculars and blankets on board if it gets chilly and water is provided. You can bring on any snacks or drinks that you like. There is also a bathroom on board if needed. It was a gorgeous fall day and a lovely way to end a perfect weekend!

1  Thank MEKMOM

Reviewed September 6, 2012

We wanted a relaxing sail around Kennebunkport and were so happy we decided to take the Eleanor Schooner with Captain Rich. The weather was lovely and we loved being able to sit close to the captain and ask him all about Kennebunkport. Don't forget to bring your own wine - it was nice to sail with a glass of wine in hand! If you want to see the beauty of the coast, I would highly recommend this sail. The staff were friendly and they definitely want you to enjoy yourself - I highly recommend!

2  Thank LSMorales
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My wife and have never been on a "sail boat" and we were unsure as to what to expect. Well we were pleasantly surprised. When we arrived at the dock we were met by a friendly staff and crew. boarding the boat we were guided to our seats by the "first mate" Sam, the captains son. Leaving the dock we were under power, then when allowable we were under full sail....man was this great... we sailed out to Walkers Point and Goat island. The captain and crew were informative and accommodating. The two hours flew by! This was a great day. An added treat that day was an impromptu air show of vintage WWII aircraft over Walkers Point.

4  Thank Eataroundwoburn
Reviewed August 2, 2012

You don't often get to sail on a modern classically built schooner, so if you are in Kennebunkport don't miss out on this wonderful trip. Captain Rich Woodman, crew and dog provide an interesting outing. You feel instantly that you are in good hands with this experienced captain, whose only concerns are that the the passengers are safe and comfortable and that they enjoy the trip.
If you like a gentle trip try the morning cruise, if you are up for some more adventurous sailing the afternoon breeze seems a bit stronger in the summer ... but then again, it just depends on the day.
We thoroughly enjoyed the trip and would recommend it to sailors and wannabee sailors.

4  Thank Ted H
Reviewed July 24, 2012

It had been decades since I sailed on a two-masted schooner, so I was delighted when my daughter suggested we spend two hours aboard the Eleanor, a beautiful 55-footer, built in 1999 (with help from local craftsmen) by her skipper, Rich Woodman.

We had a lovely day -- sunny skies and enough breeze to fill the sails -- and the outing was both relaxing and invigorating. Rich projected a calm confidence at the helm, and his crew of two handled the rigging with ease. Even with a full complement of 18 paying passengers, there was ample room and comfortable seating. And while I didn't avail myself of it, there was a head in the finished cabin below decks.

I shot some video of our time aboard, and I invite you to take a look. It's best enjoyed viewed full-screen in high-def on the largest monitor you can manage. Keep the audio up for some interesting narrative by the captain. Here's the link: http://bit.ly/Ph91PW

4  Thank JohnDallasBowers