Colony Hotel
Rhumb Line Resort(Kennebunkport)
$95
Priceline
Good 3.5/5
The Grand Hotel(Kennebunk)(Great Value!)
$151
Priceline
Great 4.5/5
King's Port Inn(Kennebunk)(Great Value!)
$169
$139
$69
Good 3.5/5
Grace White Barn Inn and Spa(Kennebunk)
$290
Hotels.com
$98
Kennebunkport Inn(Kennebunkport)
Great 4.5/5
The Tides Beach Club(Kennebunkport)
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsputting greenheated salt water poolmain buildinggrand old hotelgalland houseprivate beachair conditioningocean viewceiling fandog loversbreakfast buffetnew englandblueberry piebeach hotelwalk in closetpool sidebush compound
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 9, 2011

I stayed at The Colony Hotel for 3 days in September with my doberman Brando. The service was outstanding...everyone from the front desk to the servers at breakfast couldn't have been more helpful and friendly There are some hotels that I've been to that merely "tolerate" dogs. The Colony truly "welcomes" them. There were cookies at the front desk waiting for my Doberman and the rooms are outfitted with special doggie throws on the bed.
I asked for a room with a t.v. which did not have a sea view but I knew that in advance. The bathrooms are outfitted with new high end fixtures, nice slate floors and coutertops . The bedding is lovely organic cotton... the duvet is beyond fluffy and the pillows( all 4 of them per bed) are like large fluffy clouds...no polyester bedspread in sight.
The breakfast buffet ( included ) was way beyond expectation . We were seated in a garden room...by large picture windows overlooking the putting green and ocean beyond. The buffet itself offered loads of fresh fruit..cold cereals and hot oatmeal, real scrambled eggs, crisp bacon, sausages, homemade blueberry pancakes (that were hot and didn't taste like cardboard), assorted danishes, toast , bagels, bresh butter and real jam..not little containers with 1/2 tsp in them.
The grounds around the hotal are beautifully landscaped with benches everywhere and Brando and I had many nice walks( on leash of course). The Colony has a private beech where I was able to take Brando as well.
The only negative woulkd be the first night when we decided to try out their basement lounge for a late night supper.. The food was a nightmare served on plastic plates and drinks in platic cups. Yuck!!
I am really looking forward to going back in the not too distant future. A real treat especially if you want a place where you and your 4-legged friend can enjoy some R&R together.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank susiwell
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We stayed at the Colony Hotel last week and I cannot say enough good things about it. The hotel is in a great location (walk to beach, town, Walker's Pt, beach), fabulous pool, food (especially the charming New England breakfast they serve every morning which was included with the room). Very charming looking hotel, the staff was incredibly nice (A++ service). I would definitely recommend spending the extra money to stay in the main hotel because you can overlook the ocean and it's more convenient to the pool/restaurant/beach. We traveled with young children and they had a great time. We are already discussing when we can go back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank LisaShakner
Reviewed September 6, 2011

If you like the idea of stepping back into the 20s or 30s, this is the hotel for you. I kept waiting of Mr. Poirot and Captain Hastings to show up to either a) solve the crime or b) take tea in a wicker chair on the back porch. However, if you're not into slanted floorboards, hearing muffled neighboring room conversations, open window breezes and chatting with the Hungarian college students working here over summer break, this is not the place for you. Only TVs are in the lounges downstairs and keys are old-fashioned in the locks sort of affairs. Great views, atmosphere, and the same shuffleboard courts that have been there for decades. Staying after Labor Day, it was mostly and older crowd or 30/40 somethings with preschoolers or couples (as would make sense). I can't imagine what this place would be like at the height of summer. Friendly staff, an excellent hot breakfast, a hot shower, all is well. Note: Due to being able to hear people about/outside, I ended up turning on a tower fan that was in my room not because it was warm, but because I was trying to create some background white noise. Helped a little with sleeping. A neat place, but not for everyone.

Room Tip: I had a special $99 rate from the hotel's website.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Travel5425
Reviewed September 5, 2011

We were so excited to stay at The Colony Hotel after reading about it and seeing photos. Unfortunately, it wasn't all that it was built up to be. Our room had no views, smelled of mold and was very noisy. I didn't sleep through the night any of the 4 nights we were there.
We were also surprised at the attitude of much of the staff. The restaurant staff was friendly and hospitable but that was about the only people that seemed happy to have us there. We enjoyed the town but should we return, we will find a different place to stay.

Room Tip: If you want views at this hotel, be sure to stay in the main building, but know that you won't have air conditioning or a television i.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Nancy G
Reviewed September 4, 2011

My wife and I spent a weekend recently at the Colony - Our rooms were in Galland house, which is off the main buildings, Grounds and view from the pool area were great. Lunch food was terrible, although the breakfast buffet was good. Biggest disappointment was our room in the Galland House. Extremely loud - when a guest entered the building you knew it.. Extremely loud - we got no sleep. Never mind we had small children somewhere in the building making it impossible to relax. Room was not up to what you'd expect in a regular highway hotel room.. no bathroom fan, etc...room was incredibly overpriced and this part of the hotel should definitely be avoided.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple