“Amazing everything”
Review of Earth

Earth
Reserve with OpenTable
Earth is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Healthy
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hidden Pond Lane
Description: Simple yet innovative, Executive Che Justin Walker's menu at Earth focuses on "farm to fork" freshness. In addition to local meats and seafood, ingredients are used from one of two onsite organic gardens-picked daily and incorporated into each dish to enhance the many flavors and provide a taste that only fresh ingredients deliver. Hand-made pastas, house-made charcuterie and wood oven fired pizzas are thoughtfully prepared and sure to impress your palate. Our wine program features selections from countries such as Argentina, Chile, and Lebanon, while inspired, signature libations are concocted with freshly muddled fruits and fresh herbs from the garden.
Los Angeles, California
“Amazing everything”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Wow, this place is incredible! The location is exceptional, the décor is beautiful, staff is friendly, and the food, ah the food! I am hard to please when it comes to food, because most of the time I can make it better myself. So, with that being said, Earth completely swept me off my feet. we went there both nights we were staying at Hidden Pond. We opt for the small plates (snacks and appetizers) and we tried all but one. Every single dish was an explosion of flavors in your mouth. the chef utilizes some fresh herbs from the garden in the back, making this a true "farm to fork" experience. did I mention the drinks? oh yeah, they were great too. If you are in the area just book a table and go. you won't regret it!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Danielli C

Nebraska City, Nebraska
“B+ to A- with potential”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Earth was convenient for us since we were guests at Hidden Pond, therefore I am basing my review on two dinners there during our stay. Earth is becoming increasingly popular locally, so reservations are essential. I noticed a trend in ME where the restaurants ask you to call them to confirm your reservation although they have called you with a reminder. We aren't used to this practice and I found it annoying, as the person "in charge" of our dining calendar to have to look up the hours, call, confirm, etc. I understand they are attempting to minimize "no shows" but it IS the hospitality business and at some point, restaurants need to assume the walk-ins will fill in for the no-shows. Anyway, I digress since EVERY restaurant we dined at engaged in this practice.

Back to Earth-specifics. We found the ambiance charming and on the eve of our first dinner, strolled down the walkway to the pond overlook. The mood was somewhat tainted by a boy old enough to know better trying to intentionally bash a frog with a rock. Being an animal lover and an animal rescue organization volunteer, I did intervene on Kermit's behalf since this child's parents were not to be found.

Service: there are some needs in this area. Both times, we sat too long waiting for bread, waiting for refills, or just waiting in general. It is loud in the restaurant and conversation is a bit challenging. For example, during one dining experience, the bar appeared backed up with orders. Okay, I understand waiting for a glass of wine. But they held my husband's soda 15+ minutes to bring it out with my wine...not sure why they did that? Our first server raved about the halibut to the point of steering us away from the "lobstah." We did not share her ecstatic recommendation of the halibut dish. The fish was "blah" without the sauce and we had to ask for a spoon to access the sauce, one of the unique features of the dish. Night two we went the sure bet route and both had the lobster. It was prepared perfectly and the only thing I did not care for was the sauce, which I felt detracted from the lobster and overpowered it. Our second server was clearly new and not adequately trained for dinner. She did not know what our package meal included, she was very slow, and had to double check almost everything. She was sweet, and the manager confirmed she had only worked two dinner shifts, but then don't put her on the floor on a packed Sunday night.

We had apps and desserts both nights. The yellow fin poke has a scotch emulsion (foam) that did not pair well with the dish. We found the tuna did not taste fresh to us and the Thai basil took over the dish. A definite disappointment as if we see the words "tuna" and "poke" in the same line, we are "in." Crab toast a thumbs-up from both of us. We had fried oysters (my Louisiana man can't pass them up). The server tried to steer us away from them, but we thought they were quite good, although we did the sauce and garnishes on the side as for us, they didn't compliment the dish. My husband had the peanut butter sundae both nights. Need I say more. Alas, I'm allergic to dairy but I did take a couple of bites and admittedly, it was ambrosia. I had the underwhelming chocolate mousse one night and I tried the deconstructed blondie dessert the other night. I specifically asked if there was ice cream, etc. knowing a bit of dairy was in the batter. I ordered no whip as I was told that was the only "topping" with dairy. The dessert came covered in ice cream...at that point I was just ready to go and didn't want to wait on a "do over."

Overall, the restaurant has a charming atmosphere, the wait staff are amiable and the food overall is good. Some of the staff need additional training if Earth is going for a "five star gourmet dining experience" rating and some of the food is so-so but the chef's efforts at creativity and showcasing local cuisine is a plus. We hope Earth is an A+ place that is in the "refinement" process and that our next visit we will be able to say "GO! Don't miss!!"

New York City, New York
“Gorgeous restaurant, amazing food, great staff”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Went here last night. I was blown away by the design and grounds. It is, hands down, one of the most beautiful places I have ever been in. It was very artfully designed with a natural feeling in mind. The food was delicious and staff was attentive and friendly. And they were very accommodating and friendly about seating us right away even when I stupidly messed up my reservation time and thought it was later than it was and arrived a half hour late.

The food is expensive but I knew that when I made the reservation and I'm from New York City so I knew what I was getting into. I think it was worth it and for visitors from major cities used to higher prices, this was definitely a good value.

**Not sure if you can request specific tables, we sat near the window on a porch like area in the back but I would definitely request to sit in the main room next time because that is where the real ambience is.

1 Thank MsChris15
Gorham, Maine
“Disappointment”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Very, very overrated. I speak as a Portland restaurant aficionado. Our service was poor: The bartender was thrust into the role of waiter, the dishes were not explained, I was surprised that there were no specials, the dishes were uninteresting and were no better than average in execution: the foie gras was overcooked,the pasta overcooked and its sauce was indistinguishable, a wrong dish was served to one of our party and the server was confounded as to how to correct the error, dessert and coffee were not offered. The setting is certainly pleasant. Drive up the road. Portland is a half our away. Close your eyes and you can't miss a terrific meal.

3 Thank mainedoc2016
Danielle W, General Manager at Earth, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
MaineDoc,
Reading a review like this is disconcerting. I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with your experience at Earth.

We do keep our outside tables on the pool deck and garden available for patrons who have not secured reservations for the restaurant ahead of time and seat them all on a first-come, first-serve basis; the same applies for both of our bars. We were able to accommodate you without a reservation, so it saddens me to hear you voice your discontent about being served by our bartenders. We only wanted to be accommodating and offer you the full menu at our bar. Our bartenders are knowledgeable, and would have gladly explained any dish that came to you. I will bring this to the attention of the staff and emphasize that we should be more perceptive and look for those guests who might enjoy a more in depth description of their food upon presentation. I am sorry you were not offered dessert and coffee. It is our expectation that each guest is offered dessert menus, and I apologize we did not extend an invitation.

We do not offer “specials”, but we do change our menus on a very frequent basis. The tuna dish was new to our menu the night you joined us, but instead of verbally offering a “special” we choose to add new items to our written menu. It is our hope that our servers and bartenders do bring these items to light when going over the menu with our guests; we will also review this point with our team.

We encourage you to come and dine with us again at Earth. It would be my pleasure to make you a reservation in the dining room, and make sure your server knows that you enjoy each dish explained upon presentation. We are happy to do so, and are proud of the food we serve and unique ingredients used in our dishes. If it is a unique dish you seek, we know we can guide you in a direction to make certain you have that experience with us!
Venice, Florida
“Evening at Earth”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Do not miss this experience if you are near Kennebunkport. There is not a better dining experience, more beautiful setting or all around great experience. We sat outside which was a bonus as it was a beautiful evening and it is quieter than inside plus you experience the beautiful grounds. We each had a different entrée and believe me you cannot go wrong with anything on the menu. Best night of our week long visit. Don't miss it.

Visited July 2014