“4th time around”

Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hidden Pond Lane
Description: Simple yet innovative, Executive Che Justin Walker's menu at Earth focuses on "farm to fork" freshness. In addition to local meats and seafood, ingredients are used from one of two onsite organic gardens-picked daily and incorporated into each dish to enhance the many flavors and provide a taste that only fresh ingredients deliver. Hand-made pastas, house-made charcuterie and wood oven fired pizzas are thoughtfully prepared and sure to impress your palate. Our wine program features selections from countries such as Argentina, Chile, and Lebanon, while inspired, signature libations are concocted with freshly muddled fruits and fresh herbs from the garden.
Montreal - Canada
“4th time around”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

For my 60th birthday, my friends asked me to chose the restaurant where to celebrate. My first choice was Earth, even though we live in Montréal. So we chose to spend a week in the Kennebunks for this special occasion. We discovered Earth 3 years ago while vacationing in Maine.

What a great restaurant ... the ambiance. the decor and the food are exquisite ... The service is perfect. It has become our yearly gourmet destination.

We'll be back next September in Goose Rocks and will definitely have a night out at Earth.

1 Thank Diane T
Danielle W, General Manager at Earth, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Diane T,
Thank you very much for your review and for choosing Earth to celebrate your 60th birthday! To be your first choice for a 60th celebration is one thing, and then to be the first choice within an eight hour drive from Montreal…we are thrilled! We truly appreciate all the time you and your loved ones spent getting you to Earth. Please, when you come to Earth in September 2014, say hello. We love to make connections, new friends, and enjoy the return of our guests to Earth each year. Enjoy your winter, and we hope to see you again next season!

Kennebunkport, Maine
“Craft Beer Dinner”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Caught the last for the year special dinner. Over the top great food and beer. Can't wait to go back for others next year. Very fair pricing.

Visited October 2013
Danielle W, General Manager at Earth, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
AOYHopeful,
This October’s Beer Dinner was one of my favorite evenings of 2013. To have great brewers from Allagash, Maine Beer Co and Funky Bow Brewing in the house for the evening was just outstanding. Team Earth (myself included) learned a great deal from these masters – and had an amazing time doing it. I am so happy to hear your enjoyed your evening too. We will be doing this dinner again next October, and will have a few more dinners in a similar vein throughout the season. Please come and visit us again, and thank you for taking the time to share your compliments with us!
Maine
“Top 5 BEST EVER for us!”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I took my husband here for a fun night out. We love good, no nonsense but flavor-layered eats. Couple this with a well-matched beer pairing, and these five courses at EARTH were "have to go back"-fantastic! In fact, at one point during dinner, I asked my husband, "since everyone here is drinking beer, do you think anyone will notice if I pick up my plate to lick it clean?" He told me that I was giving beer drinkers a bad stereotype......(And, oh by the way, I did NOT pick up any plate, bowl, or even fork to do this)

If you want and need a cozy and romantic night out...AND, you like really great, farm-to-table type spread, try Earth. And, enjoy.

Hats off.

albany new york
“great food”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Our meals both nights were top notch. The staff are professional and treat you like you are royalty. It just needs to be enlarged when people can't eat outdoors.

Visited October 2013
falmouth, maine
“wow”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

well, i'm 58 and as comfortable at 5 guys burgers as I am at The French Laundry. I'm a former beer judge, and have eaten at a good number of the best restaurants around - Commander's Palace, Bayona, Cochon, Primo, White Barn, le Bec Fin, Post Rio, French Laundry, Hugo's in Portland, and others. I think I have some experience. I also like value.
We checked out Earth last winter as a possible option for our wedding. It was terrific but just not right for our particular family and friends - mostly because of access for older parents. But we really wanted to try the restaurant. Now I'm not really a green type; I don't entirely care if my chicken is free range or if the veal is read to every night, or the beef is massaged as long as it is well prepared. So I was a little apprehensive about being overwhelmed with sort of green snobbery.
My wife took me here tonight for a craft beer dinner featuring Maine Beer Co, Funky Bow Brewing, and Allagash.
It was 5 courses, 5 beers, $88. Did some other reviewer say something in a review about this being an overpriced tourist trap a la NYC? On what planet? This was a great deal.
The place is visually stunning. Very unique and very appealing. Service was top notch. People were friendly. This was a little unusual in that brewers and brewery workers were working the crowd, which was very interesting.
The beers were OK (Allagash Fluxus) and Funky Bow IPA to very good (Maine Beer Company Zoe) to world class sensational (Allagash Curieux and Allagash raspberry sour).
The food?
As good as anything I've ever had.
It wasn't quite as pretentious as the French Laundry; portions were designed for visual appeal and taste but weren't molecular; they were adequate.
Bread with olive oil and pepper was just simple and perfect.
First course was a sunchoke agnolotti with Maine lobster, guanciale, and truffle emulsion. Light, perfectly cooked, fantastic mix of flavors.
Second course was wood fired turnips, kohlrabi puree, fromage blanc, hazelnut crumble and onion marmalade. Something which, as a child, would have made me bolt for the peanut butter and jelly just from the description. As an adult it was an explosion of flavors and textures.
Third course: Whole roasted trout wrapped in speck with baby kale, prunes, house made nudi and jus. Well, i can't even describe this but it worked and was splendid. And accompanied by Allagash Curieux it was perfect.
Fourth Course: Wood roasted lamb loin, long island cheese, pumpkin puree, cauliflower gratin and smoked concord grape preserves. Well, the only thing I recognized here was the lamb. I am a bit of a boor with red meat; i like it a little on the medium well side. Just a hangover from childhood. But this was fork tender, not a speck of fat (also a preference from childhood), incredibly flavorful without that hit you over the head lamb flavor....easily the best lamb I've ever had, including a few dishes in New Zealand, a country that would easily go to war to prove their lamb is the best, and a brief foray into the world of Greek cooking several decades ago.
Fifth course was a beer doughnut accompanied by some sort of buttercream and nuts with a world class Flemish sour red ale like Alexander Rodenbach from Allagash, which was simply as good as any similar beer I've ever had on several trips to Belgium.
It closes for the winter next week. We'll go back. We'll go back to Primo too. We were just talking about the five best restaurants we'd ever been to and Earth has just muscled its way on to the list.

1 Thank chimayred