“Exceptional Dinner”

Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hidden Pond Lane
Description: Simple yet innovative, Executive Che Joe Schafer's menu at Earth focuses on "farm to fork" freshness. In addition to local meats and seafood, ingredients are used from one of two onsite organic gardens-picked daily and incorporated into each dish to enhance the many flavors and provide a taste that only fresh ingredients deliver. Hand-made pastas, house-made charcuterie and wood oven fired pizzas are thoughtfully prepared and sure to impress your palate. Our wine program features selections from countries such as Argentina, Chile, and Lebanon, while inspired, signature libations are concocted with freshly muddled fruits and fresh herbs from the garden.
Annapolis, Maryland
“Exceptional Dinner”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed at Hidden Pond for a few nights and had dinner our first night at Earth. I cannot begin to express how amazingly delicious this meal was. The four of us had: crab toast, oysters, meatballs, smoked ribs, rib eye and the fish. We kept sharing plates trying to decide whose appetizers and entrees was the best. The cocktails were perfect and their wine recommendations were spot on. The meal was quite expensive and worth it!!

When I'm in Maine again I will definitely visit Earth again!

• Visited September 2013
Danielle W, General Manager at Earth, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
EowynTravels,
What a great thing to read! I know when I order something that tastes delicious my first reaction is to take a second bite…the second is to share it! We are very happy to hear you passed plates at the table – it shows us you were excited about what you had, and we couldn’t ask for more! Thank you for letting us know what you ordered…and that your pairings were spot on. It is a great way to end a great 2013 season! Thank you very much…and we hope to see you next year!

Newburyport, Massachusetts, United States
“Casual elegant natural cuisine”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We came here on the recommendation of friends. It exceeded all our expectations. Both my husband and I agreed it was the best dining experience we have ever had. The food, service and atmosphere were perfect. We particularly liked the relaxed atmosphere, attentive service and superb
cuisine. We will definitely be returning. Appetizers, main course and wine were perfection. Our only disappointment was the dessert.

1 Thank Barbara M
Barbara M,
Thank you for your amazing review. To hear we've hit “the best dining experience” is a tall order – and we thank you for taking the time to let us know! You said we have a “relaxed atmosphere, attentive service and superb food” I couldn't have written a better compliment. We work each day to give our guests exactly the experience you had while here with us. We love what we do and work each day to improve for our guests, our owners and ourselves. Your last comment was about how the dessert may not have been a favorite. Please let me know when you will return to Earth (and we hope you do), I would love to introduce myself and make sure we get your sweet tooth something that satisfies too.
Stamford, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Are we in NYC?”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Had dinner at Earth during a trip to the area. They take reservations which must be cancelled 24 hours in advance....really? So, not a good start. We requested a table with a view, but there really isn't anything to look at except the man-made pond outside. The atmosphere inside was very nice, especially when they got the fire roaring in the big fireplace. Food was very good, but the prices were outrageous. $18 for a glass of wine, $20 for 6 oysters, nearly $40 for the entree. Can you spell tourist trap? Will not return.

• Visited August 2013
Colin B,
No sir, Earth is not it NYC, but we hope the feeling of our dining room, flavor of our food and compassion of our guests rivals the best the city can offer.
Yes, we do take a credit card to hold reservations, but we only have a 24 hour cancellation policy so should plans change and the reservation is canceled, there is no charge to your credit card as long as we receive proper notice. In the past we have had tables cancel without notice, or not come at all - leaving our valued guests either without reservations, or the tables they desire most. This is our attempt to remedy the situation and give our guests the best of what we can offer when they ask us. I’m sorry if you were put off by this, and I am hopeful the reason you made a hasty remark was because you may not have fully understood it.
I will not argue the view, for those who have been here have a clear picture of Earth’s grounds, and for those of you who haven’t joined us yet…like taste, our view is subjective. (Don’t ask us, we’re bias and love both the view of the gardens and of the roaring fire.) Colin, if you do decide to give us another go, please just request the main dining room when you return. We will gladly save you a table where you feel most comfortable!
Lastly, I know we have said before that our product is sourced locally, organically and daily from farmers in southern Maine. This does cost more to do¸ but we are proud to support our neighbors and local farmers. I hope you take this into consideration when looking at our menu next time. We also offer twenty (20) wines by the glass starting from $10 and are always willing to source something upon request.
We do hope you reconsider your choice and return to Earth again in the future. Please reach out to me and I would be happy to make your reservation personally so we can set things up for a successful visit! I thank you for your feedback,
Kansas City, Kansas
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My husband found this restaurant and made plans for us to go there for an anniversary dinner. The food was amazing! It was creative in presentation and flavor. The service was fabulous as well. Everything we had was absolutely delicious! A definite must if you are visiting this area!

MrsFire5,
Thank you for giving us such a glowing review. Our team is passionate about what we do here, and appreciate it very much when details are noticed…especially when it comes to food! It is a pleasure you enjoyed your anniversary here with us – and hope we can help you celebrate again next year!
“Beautiful. Ignore statement about portions. They are just normal portions.”
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

This place is amazing. So beautiful. Cocktails were great. We had meet balls and peppers to start which were lovely. We all then had burgers which were delicious. No room for pudding but they sounded amazing. Setting was amazing and decor so cool. Would return immediately.

1 Thank Carriebo1802
Carriebo1802,
Bravo! Thank you for your review and your kind words. Well timed and straight to the point. Thank you for reading our TA page, and leaving your review for us to read in turn. We see you’ve traveled the globe, but didn’t leave a home base listed. We hope you have a chance to come visit us again!