“A Must Go”
Review of Gran's Chowder House - CLOSED

Gran's Chowder House
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed the seafood chowder! They were also kind enough to give us some of their pesto for our Jersey tomatoes, as well as the last of the day's baguette for dipping. All that, plus crab and lobster rolls from Portside, made for a perfect lunch.

2  Thank beamazz

Reviewed October 6, 2013

A local recommended this great find to us. We loved the fabulous lobster bisque for lunch and went back for the best lobster roll we have ever eaten for dinner! The place is clean and inviting but the food and staff are exceptional! We wished we had this Chowder House in our area because we would like to go there again and again!

3  Thank celebr8life
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This place hidden away from the Main Street is well worth finding it was the best chowder we tasted in America ,and we tasted a few on both sides east and west.The hospitality of the owner was something I WOULD tip for !lovely Irish man! He then sent us to the best ice cream in the town and had a chat with the local law enforcement felt a real community feel at this place a must go to place !

1  Thank Jenny V
Reviewed September 14, 2013

My husband and I recently visited Maine, and this small place offers some of the best chowder we ever tasted.

1  Thank cgervaisr
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I love clam chowder. I don't love when I go to New England and get a clam chowder with the consitency of paste. Real authentic clam chowder is not meant to be so creamy you feel sick after a small cup. Gran's chowder is legitimate and hands down the best clam chowder I have had to date. I also sampled the lobster bisque which had a food chemists touch when it came to the perfect amount of sherry. We took home 2 large containers of the clam chowder, it didn't go to waste. Tony is also a very charismatic fellow who clearly has a passion for his business. I imagine he is the kind of guy who is there every single day. We found Gran's on the food tour in Kennebunkport. It is now on our list of places we will go every single year for chowder. Keep up the good work Tony! Thanks for coming over from Ireland and sharing the family recipe!

2  Thank Chris W